2004 cavialier w ssei motor??

What’s up guys, I was out North Park on saturday, and I got to talkin woth these 2 kids, they pulled up in a 04 Cavalier with a body kit n interior painted(the usual rice mods) anyway, I asked em y he didn’t have any motor work, cuz it was Bone stock, and he went on ta rell me he was gonna do a Motor swap. I asked what motor, and he said A bonniville SSEI supercharged motor… I just agreed with em n went along my way…I have heard of ppl doing that motor swap b4, but he was the kinda person that u could tell it was all BS… I was jw 2 things…

How fast would a cavi b if u did that(like Est. 1/4 mile) I didn’t think it would b THAT much faster then tha Bonnivile.

And is it ever Worth it?!?

bonnie is a much bigger car. I’m sure it would be pretty quick considering that you would be able to drop pulley size and all of the other GP tricks.

I know it’ll b faster then tha bonniville just because of the weight difference, but this kid was talking about puttin the motor in and runnin mid 10sec 1/4 miles…with just tha motor…lol

I would think that if it was actually done you would be in the high 12’s low 13’s with sticky tires on the stock motor.

Just my best guess.

would be a decent swap to see.

would it even fit? im sure the tranny is different so would that even fit? and you can only get that in a sloshbox

ive got a supra motor in my car

^ but your car is gay?

^ does not matter it has a supra motor in it. woo woo

That’s a pretty popular swap amongst the J-Body guys. There are quite a few J’s running with 3800 Series II motors… I’m not sure of quarter mile times though.

There is a Beretta guy running an L67 in his GTZ too, he’s still working on tuning it then I’m sure he’ll post up times.

there are a few people on j-body.org running the 3800 Supercharged motor. i know that Raven(thats his username) ran mid 12s i think when he first dropped that motor in, and he was spinning all the way through 3rd gear. he has since removed the supercharger and is turboing the motor instead. here is a link to his latest progress http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=287207&t=287207

there are a few others with that swap, but i can’t remember their names off the top of my head. there is a company, i wanna say its in arizona, that will make the custom subframe necessary for the motor to fit in a jbody and i think digital horsepower will tune the ecm. there is a ton of wiring required, and also a custom flywheel will have to be machined. i think there are progress pics of that 3800 swap on raven’s cardomain page, at least there used to be.

yea, everyone pretty much summed it up already.

wow that would be sweet. almost makes me wanna do it.

probably high 13s with a stock motor I bet. all that trouble to do it though it’d be so easy to throw in a cam with the motor out

Tough to do and not worht the money IMO, i have seen em done b4 and traction is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge issue no matter what u do for them. Once it is in forget about changing plugs without pulling the motor slightly up as well. Do yourself a favor and buy a GTP or bonniville and put less money and work into it and have a nicer/faster ride then if u would do that swap.

^^^ I agree…not worth the money…as I always say there are better platforms to build a car from…I think it is retarded to put time and $ into cars that are jokes to begin with.

someone here in pa actually swapped a 3800 into a mr2 and did a bunch of work to it… he only went mid 13s though :frowning:

L67?

http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/mr2records/pics/bbedell.jpg

it says he went 13.05 … but Im not sure what exactly the setup was?

like a civic?