2004 ram rear end

so tonight i snapped a rear u joint in the ram. was fuckin around and did a launch and stapped the rear u joint actually i think i broke the strap on the rear yolk. where is the best place to get some new straps. (i think the dodge is differ then most straps… its not just a strap. its more like press the strapp onto the ujoint and then bolt it all to the yolk) easy cheap fix but my truck goes good in FWD haha

Did you learn MOPAR is shit ? :slight_smile:

Cold weather and shitty pavement wtf mac :rofl:

Take it too domination chassis, Jay loves his mopars

http://www.dominationchassis.com/

wtf its a dodge, that dana is probably a dealer item. i sure as hell wouldnt use a aftermarket piece. i tried that once and ripped the strap in half. i still surpised the mopar had enough balls to even hurt itself

^ this poster is on crack. But he know well enough to steer clear of mopars

Word of the year: mopars suck

my mopar runs better than any vehicle you have :slight_smile:

I can get up hills in 2wd snow covered roads. you lose. 45+K wear on tires.

Want to lay down $ ? Can use easy loot, when and where want to bet on???
I’m willing to bet $100, your 2wd mopar vs my 2wd ford. Up hill snow road

lol thats a shitty bet. My car has 3 times the torque/horsepower your ford has. I never said mine was better in snow. Just saying it runs better than anything you own.

So what is the problem in snow ? It’s 3x better. Can’t define runs till this challenge.

my 4wd does not work, so i can’t cheat. It weighs 46xx pounds with me and 1/2 tank of gas, so you can’t use weight excuse.
has 3.08 rearend with auto bone stock everyting. Just a 4.0L ford with handicap plates.

Hill + snow, you should win right? have under 200 miles to go reaching 170,000 with 45,000 mile used tires

$100

A lot like roll racing. No fair racing.

take the bet mac… Ill ride in the trunk

cough cough ONTOPIC cough cough well im off to go find some straps for the rumble bee

http://www.balsleyautosales.com/

dealer should have them if not check pittsburgh driveshaft service they are near you on 51. most NAPAs will prob carry the straps.

mine weighs 4200 + with me in the car and full tank of gas its probably close to yours. Has 3.06 rearend with auto. Summer tires. If i get some meaty all seasons or snow tires i could do better. But im saving the funds for a truck so im sol. any dry day ill take that challenge :slight_smile: Im also going to look at an 02 dodge ram to buy. I hope i dont have this problem.

Well what I thought was broke actually was broke. Then I went to toss the driveshaft in and I backed the truck up to the garage and looked at the rear end. The pumpkin broke loos from the axle tube and twisted up. So hopefully they can get the pumpkin realigned and welded. Hopefully

That sucks mac.

Actually really surprised you kept the truck longer then 6 months to break :rofl:

Damn man …that sucks. they just dont build em like they used to

What does torque and power have anything to do with the ability to climb a hill in the snow? IT’s about throttle control. :rolleyes:

i will take on the ford vs dodge challenge!

and x2 on balsley, they always hook me up when i need random parts for my truck that i can’t find any where else.

took it to broughers. they straighted the pumpkin out and rewelded everything and then made a new bracket for the drivers side leaf spring to the axle. had it back yesterday afternoon and it only cost 160 bucs so im not bitching at all. the guy said that the weld on the right side of the pumpkin to the axle wasnt properly done from the dealer. the bung weld never penitrated to the axle tube and the drivers side tube was what held the axle all these years. (until i got ahold of it ):slight_smile: