2004 STi done right

No Longer For Sale

Well I know this post may come to a shock to some if not almost all, but I have recently started a new job and have nearly a 400 mile commute just for work plus my daily and weekend driving pushing me into the threshold of 500 - 600 miles a week. Needless to say that is very tough on the wallet for gas when I am also in the process of attempting to buy a house and engagement ring.
I am looking to sell the STi which is running like a dream to get my few major life purchases done and then return to the scene when the time is right. In the meantime I will be buying the typical econo car for the 40 mpg that will be ideal for the position I am in.
I have listed the prices for used and retail below plus all the mods done and the typical prices you would see for the parts. Timing, pumps and belt done at 95k. The car has about 111,000 and is growing as I am still driving it. The car is a blast and well maintained as you will be able to see hands down when you see it. The vf39 turbo on it has 40k only and no wastegate crack. The interior is from a crashed STi and only has 47k on it and is MINT. Please feel free to let me know what you ( positive comments onl

Took a good ride over the weekend to ellicottville, and just as I was about to get home the car started acting funny. I made it back and I was puzzled. The oil light and the coolant light were on so I assumed overheating. It cooled down and would not start. I checked the battery, alternator, and starter. All came back fine. I cranked the motor and it was not seized (thank god) , I am assuming it did over heat and fried a wire perhaps I dunno really.

I am not able to play with the car anymore as I am in school this summer and working 40+ hours a week. Nor do I want to spend the money just to turn around and lose that money.

Instead I am just going to please ask for the best offer as it is. I expect a few thousand dollars less than my original asking price of 17k is fair… I am open to entertain offers so please do not hesitate on throwing something out there , thanks [/COLOR]

Which is about half of the price of the mods and the used value. Not including the countless hours I spent working on this and getting it all in order. My phone number is 716-848-9969

• Excellent $14,472
• Very Good $13,972
• Good $13,522
• Fair $12,022
• Retail $16,907

Engine

Interior

http://www.importimageracing.com/kstech-73mm-type-1-cold-air-intake-for-02-07-wrx-sti-w-perrin-fmic.html

Exterior

• Wrb Wingless trunk

• JDM Tail light “conversion”

• Badgeless trunk

• Decepticon Front Badge

• Hella Horns 65

• Hollowed Passenger Fog Bezel 40

• Front Lip

• Perrin Front Plate Delete 50

Suspension (the good stuff will be coming no worries)

• RCE Springs (from previous owner)
  • Stock Sway Bars
    -Stoptech brakes 125

Just put a down payment on the new car to come and mailed in another payment on the Scooby … price drop to reflect it

Anyone on here wanna fast reliable car do not hesitate or if you know of someone please do tell them , I need to move this and am willing to work with somebody

thanks

bump for a good dude. Youve been going through cars almost as fast as me lately bro haha.GLWS!

haha I think between us we could have filled up a decent size car lot … I already have the next one picked out which I am looking forward to . I plan on keeping the next car for a good amount of time as its a 2013 that comes out this summer and will have a nice 5 yr warranty too… just waiting for it to arrive now

first post updated …

HUGE price drop

Any clue on why it would have overheated? Was there any problem before with cooling, or do you think it could be actual engine damage, like a head gasket or something along those lines?

Have you gotten it to run, or start up, since this happened?

A leak down test would tell ALOT.

havent had time to mess with it more in depth… i turn the crank no problems i was yhinking head gasket but honestly can’t get the time to look into it

I did a compression not long ago and it read 150 across the board , everything was running just perfect and I didn’t abuse it at all and then this just happened.
It may just need a head gasket or WORST case there could possibly be block damage.
I called subaru and you can get a complete short block for less than 2k if anyone is seriously interested I would subtract the price of a block and labor and really work on a good price where you can make out good on this.

• I am not trying to be dishonest at all but I am past my boiling point and have already put a downpayment on another car… so I am happy to work with someone to move this car onto another owner and give them an amazing deal

Here is a brand new 2008 sti block with nitrated crank for $1900 shipped for those who may be interested

currently dancing in the neighborhood of

$13000 if your interested

Possible interest. Will be watching. I do want one of these.

Sale Pending

No Longer for sale ,

• good to meet you mark