Looking for 2004-2007 STI

Now that everything is settled with the house, and finances, I can finally afford to get a new car and not have to constantly be wrenching on my current beater.

I am looking for a 2004-2007 STI. I don’t mind a few mods (intake, exhaust, etc) but I would prefer to stay away from the heavily modded ones unless there is proof of true professional work that can be trusted. This is going to be a DD for a long time and I really don’t want to have a blown motor because it wasn’t tuned correctly. I was approved for around $15,000 and thats pretty much the budget (some wiggle room).

If anyone knows of anything nearby please let me know. I’m actively checking craigslist, autotrader, and want ads but the more eyes the better.

Thanks in advance.

I travel about 1,000 miles a week covering 9 counties down south, I’ll definitely keep my eyes open.

bump for a good dude

ill keep on the lookout Kenny

Thanks. I’ve always wanted an STI since I was a kid but could never afford it. Now that everything is coming together (house, etc) I can finally get my beloved STI… lol.

Been there brother. House eats my money all the time though!

Great cars and a lot of fun to drive for an awd car.

I’ll keep my eyes open. How far are you willing to travel?

I’d prefer to stay somewhat local, but I went to Long Island to get the truck I wanted a few years ago… so I don’t mind travelling some.

Any color preference? there’s a quite a few unmolested for sale down by me but that’s a little bit of a ride

Preferably black but for the right price I will look at others. Also kinda like the white

there is a white 07 at mackey on rt9 in cp/toga area… right off exit 10

$15000 is budget? S1000RR :rofl

Id love to but I need an actual car…lol

Is anyone down around the Central NJ area and possibly have some time to check this beast out for me? It seems like a really good price as long as its a true STI (not just badged). To be honest, I have no clue if any of the parts he listed are good or crap but everything seems pretty good…

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=296029146&dealer_id=66123315&car_year=2007&model=IMPWRX&pager.offset=25&search_lang=en&start_year=2004&keywordsrep=083084073&keywordsfyc=U1RJ&search_type=both&distance=500&rdm=1307222010917&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&keywords_display=STI&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2008&showZipError=n&dma=ALBANY-SCHENECTADY-TROY&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&first_record=26&transmission=Manual&default_sort=priceDESC&address=12205&sort_type=priceDESC&make=SUB&num_records=25&seller_type=b&cardist=147&standard=false

why s.t.i ? . why not a evo or suttin that dont blow up or start on fire when i drive em lol

I’ve always had a love for STI’s since I could remember. Its a great all season car thats fun to drive. And my name isn’t Travis so I hopefully won’t have any issues with fires… lol

this isnt a sti. no red intake manifold is a dead give away

I had a feeling it wasn’t. The front corner markers made me confused. I’m still new to base Impreza vs STI differences.

well there are three styles:
impreza, impreza wrx, and impreza wrx sti

What are some of the differences between the WRX and the WRX STI besides the obvious “cool” factor… lol.

sti comes with: 6 speed, controllable center differential, LSD, brembo brakes, slightly different motor (heads are different, pistons are different, and i think the connecting rods are too, bigger turbo, bigger intercooler)
wrx doesnt have the above. its got a 5 speed, weaker brakes, no LSD, smaller turbo, etc.
thats all i can think of off the top of my head, but someone else can chime in to say what else is different