2006 Dodge Charger?

According to autoweek, we may be seeing the new Charger from Dodge in 2006.

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101607

http://www.autoweek.com/files/weekart/2005/0124/charger_frontview.jpg

I have to give it two thumbs down. It’s going to have a 3.5 v6 (I would assume you can upgrade to the 5.7 Hemi) it’s a 4 door, no Charger has ever been a 4 door, and it’s 3800 lbs.

Why call it charger, why not the Magnum sedan (that’s what it looks like to me)

the other charger concept was a 4 door too but it was so well designed it gave the apperance of a 2 door. dodge picked the wrong one. the grill is fugly as hell, if i wanted a ram i’d buy that instead of a car

there’s a rumor about the next Stratus platform to go RWD, along with the Sebring, and them rebadge it as the “Charger Coupe”

as well as the optional Hemi :wink:

no comment

I do hear that dodge wants the vast majority of their lineup rwd and wants to get rid of fwd, is this true?

yes…

I also hear that the Neon will remain FWD, but the SRT4 will be getting an AWD option, after its platform change goes through

i’ve heard thats been in the works since they were bought by damlier.

I thought they have been saying this for a while, but now we are starting to see the changes being made. that’s :cool: they are getting away from fwd, fwd sucks. :slight_smile:

fwd does indeed suck ass

I personally like the front end of the Charger. The headlite assembly kinda reminds me of a 7 series BMW. I’m not feeling the whole “Dodge Ram Crosshair Grille” on all of Dodges cars now recently, but the front end of this Charger somehow works for me despite that. I will agree and say the Charger should’ve been a coupe the whole way with a 5.7L Hemi as the only available engine. It should’ve been built as a Mustang competitor. 5 spd automatic tranny optional or a 6 spd manual. Maybe even a higher output limited edition version that would push the 400 hp mark (SVT Cobra).

i am marking my calander since we agree again…what the fuck is the world comming to

:rofl:

looks like a 300c, but the 300c looks 1000 times better.

im not impressed. i hate how all dodge vehicles have the same basic front end. plus that thing does look just like a 'magnum sedan. ’

Yeah, you’d never see Pontiac doing that :squint: :smiley:

ya i know. i dunno i cant explain it, but that front end looks cool on a truck but thats it IMO. regardless, i think the Charger is turds

I like the front end…but dont like the back end. They are using the same taillamps as the new Mitsu Galant, which in my opinion is hideous. The Charger is of course based on the 300c platform and will have the Hemi available, but it wont have the 2.7 V-6 as an option (at least I dont think) The 3.5 is a good engine…it puts out about 250hp. I do agree though, that the concept was 10x better

This German-based design team is ruining everything lol… The new “Charger” should in no way be called a Charger due to its lump like appearance and truck grille, and now they’re bringing out this “Caliber” model to replace the Neon - which basically looks like a Pontiac Vibe with a Dakota front end… completely hideous.

I’ll tell you what, the Chevy and Ford are going to do well with the Cobalt and Mustangs, Dodge, on the other hand, is going to struggle, ugh.