New Dodge Avenger..... blah

http://www.dodge.com/en/avenger/index.html

This thing is hideous i really hope they dont sell any, its a disgusting mix of a charger and an avenger.

And the R/T model is like 30k and is Front Wheel Drive and only 3.5 V6 that is sad. When the Charger R/T is 5.8 V8.

mini charger with a front lip, real creative dodge :tdown:

If its true what they are saying that “bold takes a smart turn” everyone will be turning away from this thing.

meh.
i thought i was going to hate it more than i did.

i would rock it

bold must be the new buzzword for cars, Ford has Bold moves ,now dodge is peddling this shit.

Looks like they took an all cotton Charger and put it in the dryer for an hour. That said, if It’s was RWD/V8 and reasonably priced I’d consider buying one.

Diesel Engine

Engine that runs on diesel fuel which can provide significantly better fuel economy than a gasoline powered engine of the same size.

elohel

High Performance Turbo Engine with a Manual Transmission

Turbo charged engine that generates a 300 H.P and equipped with a 6 speed manual transmission.

:cool: but give us some AWD lovin’.

meh, aint that bad, aint that great. to be honest, i dont really like a lot of the newer stuff dodge has come out with. i think they’re trying too hard. the charger should be a big 2 door, like it origianlly was (its an AMAZING car, dont get me wrong, it just shouldnt be called the charger), the magnum is a waste of space, the new dakotas are absolutely hiddeous, the durango is ok, the rams are ok (the '94-01 style is my favorite, and the 02-05 is ok too), the caliber is a disgrace (compared to the neon, id rather have the neon lol). i think they’re over using the R/T badge, because in Mopar history, the R/T is a vehcile that is desinged to be high performance, not a trim level like dodge is making it out to be. they should really be calling thier SRT vehicles R/T because that fits the historic nameplate a little more. If i was dodge, this is what i’d be doing:

-change the name of the charger to something else
-drop the SRT and just go with R/T
-put the 6.1 blown Hemi in a 2 wheel drive, reg cab short bed ram and call that a Ram R/T (rather than the SRT-10)
-get rid of the magnum and the caliber
-re-design the Dakota if possible, and then make a 2 wheel drive dakota and wedge a 5.7 hemi in it, then call it a Dakota R/T (then make sure i am 1st in line to get one hehe)
-the new avenger is ok, just put a turbo 4 or 6 in it and it’ll sell
-get rid of the sprinter van, and either come up with a ‘conventional’ fullsize van, or just give up on them

/off-topic rant about dodge

Nope…

2 door would be nice.

not too shabby IMO… better than the last gen

I can dig it

Oddly I rather like it. But the R/T model is just crap.

I agree for the most part. What people don’t quite comprehend is that today a mojority of people buying vehicles care more about the image rather than what the car/truck is truely capable of. Shitty, but true.

Another thing most people don’t know about is the restrictions that were placed onto the Avenger from the beginning that highly influenced its design firection. I’m good friends with the lead designer of this project, went to college with him and was even at his bachelore party last weekend along wit hseveral other Chrysler designers. They had said that, among a few other things, this car had to have the truck grill, a large enough trunk capacity to meet fleet vehicle requirements, had to have that c-pillar wedge like the Charger, obviously had to fit the package. Minus a few spots here and there this car isn’t all that bad. There are plenty of cars out there that we could point fingers at…

I’l see if I can get my hands on some of the earlier concept drawings…you guys should like to see those.

-Remember the 80s charger, at least this time around it has a v8 and RWD, and not 4 cylinders and FWD.
-SRT is for quick cars, R/T is like meh now.
-You wish
-They are a unique design, but probably a bit too unique. And yet the same as every model they offer.
-You wish Part Deux
-Power doesn’t sell cars. It creates a general image that most people look to. But if that was true every Camaro owner would have a V8, not a V6.
-Dump the sprinter? It’s one of the better commercial vehicles out there, and it’s selling that would be foolish.

When the Avenger first came out it was a 2 door. Whats with making a 4 door model of it?

But making a Charger a 4 door, that was dumb. I like the look of the new Charger, but that should be a performance 2 door. There was a shop that took a new 4 door charger and made it into a 2 door (and painted it like the General Lee) and it looked hot.

Whose idea was it to put the spoiler on nearly every model (or so it seems). It looks good in white, sans spoiler.

You obviously never drove one, that car is the biggest piece of shit, its rear kicks out all the fucking time, it under stears like the fat pig it is, the b pillar blind spot is the size of california. Rear seat space sucks, stereo is shitty as hell. The bas doesn’t even have enough power to merge, the hemi transmission sucks ass, i could read a dickenson novel in the time it takes to find the next gear. the 3.9 sucks at milage because they have to make up for the lack of power with gearing. The magnum is a little more balanced. but same over comlaints

I disagree with above post, my father owns an R/T Charger and i have to say its incredible i know i drive it alot. The steering is like butter, the stereo sounds amazing, the backseat could fit a cow and has its own vents, and armrest, i think they did a good job on the R/T, while it is a bit bulky, and they should change the name from charger because it doesnt look like a charger.