2006 Porsche 911 Turbo pictures/speculation

actually, yeah. it kept styling points, but thats it. And under the skin, it is COMPLETELY different, other than being true to its heritage of V-10, 6-spd, and RWD.

And your argument lacks one very important point…

THE VIPER DESIGN ISNT 30+ YEARS OLD

And the Porsche doesn’t keep its styling points?

And the Porsche isn’t completely different while being true to its heritage?

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

My point is every porsche they come out with looks just like every other one. the only “new” styling infused into their designs in a long time was the Carrera GT- now THAT is a NICE car. It has Porsche styling cues, but it doesnt look like every other damn Porsche produced for the last 30 years! This is the reason porsches get NO attention on the street, not even a glance anymore. Every model they come out with looks like the others, and the “look” becomes commonplace.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that 2006 911 looks so much like my buddies 2005 (or maybe 2004…) 911TT that simply, what is the point of an upgrade? new technology? whoopdy freakin do… it would still get stomped by any aftermarket packages put onto the 2004/2005’s.

My point about the Viper design not being 30 years old is that it is not OLD enough to require looking very different yet. And realistically, even though it wasnt needed, the entire body style WAS changed in 2003. It has similar CUES, with a new DESIGN. Porsche keeps the same DESIGN, and only changes CUES. Big difference.

Can I have one too?

The 911 body-design has to be the most successful car design ever. If it was so “old” it wouldn’t be selling anymore.

Let’s look at 1994 styling again, just for comparison.

http://www.rpmsportscars.com/pics/94TurboGPWhiteCash8K2.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~polemic/cars/1994_Dodge_Viper_Rt-10.jpg

I’ll take the Porsche, maybe we should make a poll out of it? :gotme:

X…

ftw

If you want to compare apples to apples, you had better make it a GTS…coupe for a coupe.

And Thanks, but I’ll pass on the porsche.

The Viper is a caricature of a AC Cobra. It also has some HUGE E-Type influences as well. It’s hardly original. A great looking car nonetheless. This thread is about the new Turbo. You can make a Viper versus the world thread…

how can u possibly say that 1994 looks the same as the new one pictured? u guys suck. Porsche is by far the best automotive manufacturer, their cars are very fast and handle insanely well. I got the chance to drive a boxster s one time and that was a sick driving car. and that doesnt even compare to driving a 911 turbo, i couldnt imagine getting behind the wheel of one of those bad boys.

NICE!

yea… i <3 911…theres no argument here

Porsche can justify their prices BECAUSE of their technology. A viper is a primative machine compared to a turbo, but obviously this is worthless to you because

:word:

he jsut says that to defend the viper because it took dodge over 10 years to change the viper

We should all still be walking. Or floating.

LOL, I am not even the one who brought Vipers in this thread, and suddenly its a Viper Vs. The world ordeal. :weak:

How does comparing the styling motives of manufacturers have anything to do with one car Vs. another? you tools need new hobbies other than trying to stir up shit. I posted my opinion like everyone else, and I am sticking to it.

I’m sorry that a successful race bred car is such a problem with you. Just alittle education for ya here. The current 911 line (1999-current) as more in common with the 956/962 race cars of the 70’s and 80’s and 90’s than with ANY 911 in the past 45 years. While it was the same platform from '76 to 1999 (1998 was the introduction of the 996 with '99 model years), they certainly did something right to you know, become the most profitable, and one of the most winning teams in automotive history. Remind me when a V10 powered viper EVER won LeMans?

i’m really gonna miss the double tailpipe design where one overlaps with the other…that had to be one of my favorite subtle features of the 911 turbo…

and is it just me, or from the front, does the bumper and what not look extremely close to that of the noble m12 gto?

And I’m telling you that to the automotive historian the Viper is not ground breaking from an aesthetic standpoint. Obviously there are other intrinsic motivations to drive Vipers. Can there not be the same type reasons to drive Porsches?

Comparing Vipers to Carreras is blasphemy.
I refuse to partake in this foolishness.

LOL :funny:

X…