The new Ruf.....RT-35

Ruf’s new flagship Turbo, based off the new 991 Turbo. and damn I love the gloss/flat green mix in the thing. 630hp, 825 NM biturbo.

I’m also glad they stuck with the duckbill instead of going to a GT2 style wing. Subtle and brings back some '73 RS memories :slight_smile:

Car looks good but there are so many lights in that place it really makes looking at it overwhelming. Can’t wait to see it outside.

Wow that is sick! I love that color too.

i love the intake scoops being moved to on top of the rear fender.

love the color. The scoops are a little ferrari esq for my tastes. Overall though its pretty sharp.

the only porsche/RUF vehicle i would drive. Can’t stand how porsche never does anything radically new.

They do. Quite often. I mean, not as radically new as a Ford Ranger, but damn near close.

ohh funny cossey, real funny. the only reason i own that pile of shit is because i got it for free.

and they make minor tweaks rarely to the 911. other models are occasionally introduced or tweaked. i’d go as far as to say that the 911 has been tweaked alot less then the O.G. Beetle was over it’s entire lifespan.

I think you only feel that way because you read old issues of Motor Trend. There have been vast improvements over the 911 since it was introduced.
First, lets take the exterior of the car:

To:

Yes, the cars have similar lines, but that is what helps make the 911 a 911. They’re not going to do something radically different. They go with what works, and with something that still pays tribute to the original. It’s progression.

Oh boy.

However with that said, obligatory

http://www.tehpear.com/pictures/other/911.gif

i googled CTS-V VS M5 to get that article cossey,

my point is that it has taken SO DAMNED LONG to get from the first picture to the second.

Nice profile, but IMO the intake ruined the lines a bit.

I love the color but I thought 911s were ugly from the first time I ever remember seeing one in the early 80’s and they still look like rolling turds to me. Just personal preference I think the lines that Porsche can’t let go of are just horrible. With that said given the opportunity to drive any 911 wide open on a track I still wouldn’t say no.

If it aint broke, dont fix it. And to say the 911 hasnt unergone many major changes in its lifetime is a statement of complete nonsense

The intake design of the intercooler has been a ruf thing for awhile now. Aero plays its part in cutting up otherwise perfect lines. Still kind of hard to duct high pressure air to the rear of this chassis from the nose :lol

And to argue that Porsche doesn’t change - look at the new Camaro/Mustang/Challenger.

porsche does change, but it takes forever for them to do anything.

funny you brought up the modern muscle, as they are the opposite of porsche.
i’ll use the Chevelle as my example of actual redesigning. from '64 to '70 they changed radically. if you took a 64 and a 70, put them next to each other, and got someone who didnt know what a Chevelle was, i dont think they’d say that both cars are, in fact, Chevelles.

you did the same with a porsche 911, and that person would definately know that both cars were 911s. they just dont change.

you’re one of those people who think every Porsche on the road is a 911. Callin it.

no i dont. more often then not the porsches on the road up here is a cayenne. and driven by an overpriviledged female.

you know what I meant specialplate