2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP spy shots - 240 hp turbo engine

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/10168_YTHDRUNMVAXKJ.jpg

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/10169_QKWVTLEWVXVWC.jpg

Pontiac engineers ventured to the Nürburgring to take some hot laps in the hot version of the Solstice roadster. Several styling differences set this prototype apart as the turbocharged version of Pontiac’s halo car. The high-performance additions to the Solstice clearly require more breathing ability. The large round lights set into the Solstice’s bumper fascia - surrounded by bodywork on the standard 170-hp model - are set within additional honeycomb grillework on this prototype. Sharply sculpted edges outline the added grilles, giving more definition to the Solstice’s face. The Turbo Solstice’s more chiseled look is furthered by a deeper, squared-off jawline, which incorporates another thin air-intake slit at the bottom.

The changes at the rear are less pronounced: a subtle lip spoiler sets this more muscled model apart from the standard version. By applying a turbocharger to GM’s 2.4-liter Ecotec engine, this Solstice will generate at least 240 horsepower, and rumors suggest it may even exceed 250 horses. Regardless of the final output numbers, this car should give serious competition to the likes of Mazda’s new Miata, as long as the Solstice’s final execution manages to live up to the promise of the car’s sexy lines.

Am I the only one who thinks that car looks horrid?

look just like a z4 with a pontiac front end - and its WAY uglier

that front is hidious

Thats why I’m buying a SKY

You just love heavy cars, don’t you? :slight_smile:

Yes, and it’s fat. But other than that, I think it’s okay. I wouldn’t buy one, lest I turn into a fairy godmother.

um…looks like Z4 with a “butter-face”

sky>solstice

z4 body with a 350z/'53 corvette front end, with Ambiguously Gay Duo pontiac grills.

I don’t mind the way they look at all, though I think the Sky is the much better-looking of the two. I don’t think the Sky will end up being all that much heavier than the Solstice when all is said and done. The Solstice is supposed to be around 2900lbs right now, which is only 50lbs more than an S2000. Give it comparable power, and guess what? It should be a performer. The 18x8 wheels should be able to fit at least a 275 or 285 width tire. If the stock wheels are heavy, well, then time for some SSR Comps, they only weigh 14lbs in that size. (Personally though, I’d rock the Wedsports)

You and TKKlemann with the Wedsports… :slight_smile:

yea i like the looks of the sky alot better…this wouldn’t look so bad if it didn’t have that retarded pontiac grille :tdown:

they are gonna be pretty nice cars if GM goes ahead with the turbo :tup:

Hey, I’ve liked them ever since I saw them on the JGTC car… :gotme:

since when is 2800lbs considered heavy?

i kinda like it

what is this sky we are talking about? i need to stop eating so much mexican… i would spend less time in the crapper and more time reading about new cars :slight_smile:

edit: ah, its a saturn, and i like it?!?!?!

i need to go wash my mouth… er hands out with soap for saying/typing that i like a saturn.

This saturn is ok to like… cause its sexy.
I think it will be getting a turbo too… if it comes from the factory that way I don’t have to void the warranty

GM and turbos? are the dumbestics finally catching on? ford, where is our FI focus? just send over the RS powertrain, we’ll crash certify :tup:

in person they look lots better, but the sky is the hotter of the two.

their “ok” cars IMO… I’m just not a fan of the front end… too rounded/smooth (same can be said for the rest of the car too I guess, just not to the same degree). The car deffinitly needs some harder lines on it.

If the price is right, maybe this might be the new other car

Still looking at an S2k tho