2008 Camaro Whose getting one?

:tup: thinking about ordering one right now. just gotta decide on which color.

SIQ

my dad is planning on buying one. i will slowly but surely ease my way into that driver seat…while modding “his” car with “his” money :slight_smile:

They’re hot, no doubt. But a month after they hit showrooms it will no longer be a head turner. :cjerk:

I’d buy a Challenger first.

Looking at buying one and painting it to match my 69 :slight_smile:

^ that would be the hottness in your driveway

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:24,topic:32381"”]

I’d buy a Challenger first.

[/quote]

:word:

still no answers as to why NOT to get one other then the headturning and everyone having one. If that is the case i don’t mind.
i just don’t want everyone either asking if its a fuckin Transformer or seeing everyone with the same color i guess

yeah hopefully LS3… but we shall wait n see what GM decides

too expensive. another old man’s car like the vette. $28-42k for an SS or $39-45k for a Z is too much.

If they made one available with v8 power and no options (crank windows, manual locks, no air, no cruise, etc.) and made it cheap (like $20,000) I’d be all over because that’s what a ponycar is and that’s what the Camaro was.

[quote=“BrockwayMT,post:29,topic:32381"”]

too expensive. another old man’s car like the vette. $28-42k for an SS or $39-45k for a Z is too much.

If they made one available with v8 power and no options (crank windows, manual locks, no air, no cruise, etc.) and made it cheap (like $20,000) I’d be all over because that’s what a ponycar is and that’s what the Camaro was.

[/quote]

Whatever the base model GT is look for it to be around the same price for the Camaro with a v-8 (most likely the LS3 since the LS2 is being phased out now).

I don’t even think they look good, but thats just me.

meh, dunno brockway. sub-25K (at Max) would suffice, i think. 20K? meh, SC’d cobalt SS’s go for that much. Not to say it’d be nice to pay that little for a 5th gen…

EDIT: why not to get one? questionable GM build quality, that’s what. Possible issues being a first-year of a new gen car. Those two reasons alone would suffice for me to ignore them til at least 2010, but hey - do what you want with your $$ :wink:

[quote=“JDMAllstars,post:5,topic:32381"”]

well im just trying to get a little feedback and peoples thoughts.
the only 1 reason i might not go for it is because everyone else will when it comes out but it looks hot though i will say that

[/quote]

Skittles.

" Last edited by ly555is : 07-15-2007 at 02:47 AM. Reason: and like all new-millenium, retro-bodied cars: All the aesthetics & aerodynamics of a bookshelf. Fuck retro :)"

Heehhh?

I think GM is missing it’s mark by releaseing this a year later. If they were smarter and got the car ready for production sooner they could have had this thing on the lots for sale right after the big transformers rush which they paid the rights to have their cars in. Talk about marketing blunder :bloated:

Needs to be on the lots this fall as an 08 not next.

I’d never buy a 1st gen of any new car.

Even more so for an American car.

[quote=“ly555is,post:32,topic:32381"”]

meh, dunno brockway. sub-25K (at Max) would suffice, i think. 20K? meh, SC’d cobalt SS’s go for that much. Not to say it’d be nice to pay that little for a 5th gen…

EDIT: why not to get one? questionable GM build quality, that’s what. Possible issues being a first-year of a new gen car. Those two reasons alone would suffice for me to ignore them til at least 2010, but hey - do what you want with your $$ :wink:

[/quote]

In 1967 a z28 was $3500 which converts to $22723 in 2008. In 1967 a base coupe was $2466 which inflation places at $16010 today. Using that logic the new Camaro in 6 and 8 cyl is only about 30% more expensive than it ought to be. Of course the new one will have lots of Chinese parts unlike the original so you need to pay more for them.

The only way I would buy this car is if it was in fact, a transformer, it looks like overpriced gm same old same old.

Might be a good buy in a few years.

I got the ok from the wife already, and the movie sealed it. Its just a matter of me wanting one after everyone has one or not.

i will not be getting one

[quote=“BrockwayMT,post:36,topic:32381"”]

In 1967 a z28 was $3500 which converts to $22723 in 2008. In 1967 a base coupe was $2466 which inflation places at $16010 today. Using that logic the new Camaro in 6 and 8 cyl is only about 30% more expensive than it ought to be. Of course the new one will have lots of Chinese parts unlike the original so you need to pay more for them.

[/quote]

you are missing the whole average pay rate, cost of living and what not in those as well, I would state that the base should be $20,000 and the V8 should be $25,000 based on prices of everything