2008 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

So this years marque for the Grand Prix is all Italian Cars. Not very original if you ask me, but I don’t care. I may have Poisonous beef beat in the low horsepower race! Me and one of the fiat 124 racers from the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix are fixing and prepping a 1971 Honda N600 for the races this summer in Schenley park to compete in the group 2 post-war under 1 litre and preservation class. I can’t wait. We don’t stand a chance at winning, but it will be fun none the less. I’ll have to keep you guys updated, but here is the car we found.http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/volumex_1085750908_n600_1.jpg

COOL, How much did you pick that up for?

that’ll be pretty cool if you can make it happen!

If you need help with old honda parts, look up Smithenhiven… He’s been working on an old s600 and has become very familiar with them and should have some hook ups…

The guy that I am helping actually bought the car. He got tipped off that there was a guy that had one waaaay out in Exton, PA. He bought it from him for $1200

Cool project-- have fun with it.

Cool project. The only other Honda I’ve ever seen was a imported S600 racer that shows up every few years. Your friend is going to drive the car then? Whats his usual race car look like I’ve probably seen it (or rope towed it depending on its reliability hehe).

Killer, that’s going to be fun as hell! Check out H-T , in the classic honda forums for some intersting builds on those 600’s

That’s sick… Put a crotch rocket engine in it someday. :slight_smile:

I believe Smithenhiven is a moderator for that forum … and a member here either in the beaver or butler area…

Oh cool? Are you part of the “Coarse crew?” He has a dark green Fiat 124 with flowers on the side but he’s a strong runner. You’ll notice his car right off the bat because of the flowers, but also if you are watching from the starting line, he always downshifts coming into turn one without heel-toeing. His whole car shakes it’s pretty funny. I hope that doesn’t mess him up especially if it’s raining.

You got the “Coarse crew” spelling right. Don’t ask me why its like that, it just is lol. Unless they ask me to do something else I’ll be on the truck again this year.

I looked his car up online, has yellow wheels right? Yea I remember that car it usually seems like it runs pretty good. I’m friends with Mark Maehling he drives the lime green Abarth Scorpion. Dunno if you guys ever talked to him, the Abarth is lucky to even make it to the PVGP most the time. Though I did always wonder if anyone was ever crazy enough to try a old Honda hatch. I’ll be rooting for you guys :slight_smile:

It’a all a matter of wether we can get it ready in time for the races. I sure hope so. So you’ve seen the car he drives? I love it. Maybe if I do a good job helping he’ll let me run one of the practice laps in his Fiat. What should we do tape wise for the headights? I want to try and do something that resembles the Japanese rising sun flag, but that would be hard. Maybe I can have one fabricated? Or we an just make some mesh metal covers. That looks really good on the Austin Healeys. We’re aiming to beat the guy in the Mini pickup truck lol.

So Habib who is your favorite racer? I know it’s cliche, but mine is Tivvy scranton, the guy with the White 1955 Jaguar XK140 (blacked out headlights)(Wins every time)
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Tivvy1.jpg

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Tivvy2.jpg

This should be a fun project. The PVGP is a great event. I have always liked vintage race cars.

I know that would be so awesome! But it would disqualify us from the Grand Prix. Bollocks. But yeah, it has crossed my mind that a cbr1000r in the front (maybe rear) or a b16 in the rear would be sickness and half!:naughty: But believe it or not, we were lucky enough to just happen upon the one with the 599cc engine (45 hp) which reaches 81 mph. Don’t fuck with this car at a red light! :rofl:

lol-z Kyle and I were laughing about that last year, wondering how many people that had to go through without being noticed…too funny…Spelling FTL

That car is too cool, and yes you’ve beat me in the lowest HP game (the LeCar is 55hp in stock trim). Old Dirty George might be throwing his hat in the ring with his pair of Yugos (I think his 1.1L is also rated at 55hp stock). Good luck with the build, I look forward to seeing this at VGP!

I was waiting for autoxphotos.com to come back online so I could reply to this. But like him or not, Tivvy has THE car of the PVGP. I think even more so than the big bore cars that run up at beaverun. As for a favorite thats pretty hard.
But I am partial to the 3 wheelers…
http://www.autoxphotos.com/gallery/PVGP/2007/07-15%20Scott%20N/IMG_2451.JPG
And the alcohol burners (takes balls to drive around a bomb)
http://www.autoxphotos.com/gallery/PVGP/2007/07-15%20Scott%20N/IMG_2477.JPG

but THIS guy shows how its done if you want attention lol.

Oh and Steve, the Coarse crew spelling refers more to the people than the actual role they perform, hence the spelling :wink:

I love those cars! Would love to have one. Good luck with the build.

Yeah that Panhard with the tongue is a crowd favorite. I wish that s600 would come back. The rev-happy engine is music to my ears. What is the redline again? like 11,000rpm?!?!