Just bought a new race car while in California

Well, I just got home from a 5 day trip in Monteray California. I was out there for a large Jazz festival entertaining about 10 clients. Marketing > * Pics and details on that tomorrow once I upload from the camera.

This will be the new race car next vintage grand prix in Pittsburgh for me… it has a few races (12 or so) since restoration. I’m super tired and was emailing the pic to a friend and figured I would post on here too. It is street legal for the most part and has a whopping 65hp on Blue thunder race gas. Straight cut gears, 1250cc dual carb engine (fresh rebuild), ect ect…

I fell in love after grinding the gears around a 3 mile test drive. Double clutching > zex350z It should be here in 2 weeks or so. Its an original CA car - very clean underneath.

![http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/mg td.bmp](http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/mg td.bmp)

should have stayed out their with rest of the pussy’s.

Congrats on the new ride. Not particularly my style, but I bet it’s fun.

x2

I don’t care who’s out there, CA > Pittsburgh any day.

Typically I’m ready to come home or almost ready after 5 days somewhere. There were so many more “constructive” things to do.

The car doesn’t really blend in with the culture, if that’s what you want to call it, in Pittsburgh. This will be more of a sentimental value/collection/drive 10 times a year type of car. It has an awesome history.

Now time for sleep.

It’d be fun to have a vintage racer, hope you can get it to more than just PGH’s vintage race…

wow awesome jack. should be interesting to see.

sweet

interesting

Damn, I always wondered what kinda of people bought the kinda cars that were open cockpit and in the under 2L class, now I know lol. Just do me a favor, have the roll bar checked when you get it. More than once over the few years I’ve worked the crash truck I’ve seen cars where they kept the “vintage” roll bar to keep the car as historically acurate as possible. They refuse to tear it out of the car to put some modern thick wall tubing in there. Yea that doesn’t work out real well in a roll over. Just a FYI :wink: I take it your going to do a drivers school to get your licence in the spring and all that good stuff? Take pictures when you get it!

will it have a lotus inspired suspension?

the fucking tires on my cars are worth more than your whole car STFU :jerkit:

neat

That’s pretty cool Jack…are you planning on doing more vintage events aside from PVGP? There are lot of guys locally who are into that era of racing…but not necessarily in your age bracket…

I second the vintage rollbar replacement though…before you even track it to practice/licensing (where you’d be most likely to make a mistake) Back then the wall thickness was much thinner than it is nowadays…and folds up like a pepsi can.

:rofl: +1 jeff

:squint:

Looks like a cool buy, I dig the historic racing thing (I go to the Monterey Historics just about every year). Not the class/car I would have went after, but if you enjoy it more power to you.

-TJ

nice car but there is nothing like being home sweet home “the burgh”

big enough sig there honda boy?

hahaha sorry i dont know how to make the pic small sorry