I went racing at Watkins Glen and battled and E30

I have more videos if anybody cares… but here is an 11 min battle against an E30 that was so much fun.

we lost our windshield the day before so I got an extra dose of cooling and -10 mph top speed.

And

that move by the black miata though!

:tup: to when the two of you passed the maroon car one on each side.

Track miata says fuck you lol

lol… yeah some of the higher class cars and pro drivers who come for fun just destroy out there. I heard there were a couple IMSA drivers etc.

Part of endurance racing is not fucking up the car for the three other people who paid good money to drive after you so I needed to hold back and save the car so hero moves are just not in the cards.

I just finished editing my Saturday stint if anybody cares. I cut the yellows out. There’s a bunch of battling a 2000 Civic Si in this one

I’d love to get some more of you guys into this… is really a good value weekend for under $1000 all in.

Also I need more sponsorship! anybody interested or with leads let me know. We are looking at going to COTA next!

A fancy nyspeed sticker would look great on the car.

I would love to do Chumpcar but since I don’t have any wheel to wheel racing experience (just HPDE’s) I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable enough doing it in someone else’s car. There any more events you’re doing at the Glen/close by? I’d love to come check it out sometime.

that was the other one i was going to mention lol

must have been emasculating for that driver :lol:

If you’ve made it to the medium or high run groups and feel comfortable in them then you’re ready. Pittsburg is about it for close races. You can see from the video that there are some people out there who have no idea of the race line. I don’t rent to those people, but I’m sure you’re better than that.

Our worse case bill for you destroying the car with it being fully your fault is only like $3500.

We could probably work out a deal where you sponsor us and get to drive and you write the whole thing off with your business.

We also rent the car at HPDEs sometimes so you could get used to it in a non-race setting. 2:26 laps with 130-150whp shows the car is setup well.

Looks the an awesome time :tup:

I wouldn’t be opposed to this, PM me more info.

Hmm, I did do an event at Pittrace once so I wouldn’t be a total newb there. I do typically get signed off to run solo at HPDE’s and feel confident while doing so.

I’ll think about it, when would you need a commitment for Pittsburgh, that is if you have an open seat?

We are at 2/4 right now… when we get two more people we like and trust then that’s it. So no rush, but sooner ensures your odds of getting a seat. Also if you have any in car footage share it with me so I can show the team owner.

You’ll never want to do a DE again after racing. :slight_smile:

Michelle will disagree with you! She realized pretty quickly on Saturday that she needs more seat time before she feels comfortable wheel to wheel again. BUT, she is excited to get that seat time because she sees how much fun racing will be!

I can personally vouch for the Redi Imports cars, very well setup and easy to drive fast (that’s why I bought one!). Great group of guys and it is a great value for what you get.

Glad Michelle is looking forward and wants to get back out sometime… it’s certainly more intimidating than a DE where you can feel like king/queen of the world because nobody is punching back.

Ugh. Please stop posting this stuff. I need to do it.

you do… makes time attack look like qualifying for a race you never run, and DEs like parade laps.

That’s the best analogy I’ve heard so far!

This. What’s the date for Pitt Race? PM or post the actual price if Stuie and I take the other two seats.

I’ll confer with the boss and get back to you soon.

possible races we are doing:

August 5-August 6
CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS: Double-8 (COTA)

December 29-December 30
SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: Double 7

And I’m posting this one just because it’s insane! but low odds of us going:

December 29-December 31
LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: 39 Hour

39hours non-stop LOL

This one for sure:

October 1-October 2
PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL RACE COMPLEX: Double 7

Any cars running at the end automatically win something, that is the true meaning of ENDURANCE.