VOTE» NYSpeed @ IRL Grand Prix Races '09

Read the following BEFORE you vote:

For those that are unaware, each summer I plan a large event for NYSpeed to participate in. In '06 and '07 we went to the Grand Prix Toronto, and in '08 we went to the Grand Prix Watkins Glen because the Toronto race was canceled. We hold our own showcase of tastefully modded, performance oriented cars at these events - no cheesy plastic trophys or stupid classes - we go to have fun, enjoy the location, show off our cars and make fun of SkunkApe. :slight_smile:

We’re already locked in for the Grand Prix at Watkins Glen this year. Last year was awesome, and this year we’re working on a few more things to make it more awesome. :wink:

Now recently the Toronto race has come back to the schedule. It’s the weekend right after Watkins Glen.

IF we can get 20+ cars to participate in the Watkins Glen race (Registered & Paid by May 31st), THEN I can get us into the Toronto race as well.

Since Watkins Glen and Toronto both cost $200, for those interested in doing both events I’ll package them for $300 and either eat the $100 or find sponsors to help out with the prices. I personally want to do both events BUT I will only do them if BOTH of them will be a success and can get enough cars (20+ at each event.) I will also put this out on other forums to maximize participation.

This poll is to gauge interest and see if anyone would be interested in doing both at all seeing as they are back-to-back weekends.

If you’re not really interested in participating, DO NOT VOTE.

Quick Event Details:

Grand Prix Watkins Glen - July 3rd, 4th & 5th 2009
Cost: $200 per car (comes with 2 weekend admission tickets)

• Parking under our large event tent next to the final turn before the front straight.
  • Participents get to lap the track (faster than ‘paced’ speeds) the night before the race.
  • Participents cars are allowed entry / exit to and from the parking area anytime they want.
  • Price includes sticker / sponsor package.

Grand Prix Toronto - July 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th 2009
Cost: $200 per car (comes with 2 weekend admission tickets)

• Parking inside the Toronto Expo center.
  • Participents MUST have their car inside the Expo Center on Thursday Night (the 9th) and are not allowed to move them until after the race on Sunday the 12th.
  • Price includes sticker / sponsor package.

If you want to participate in both events, the cost will be $300 ($100 savings) so we can get as many people as possible.

So who’s in for both? :wave:

IN for WG with Cars
:

1. ILC
  2. OfficerK
  3. slipstreamxk1
  4. 02NismoSpecV
  5. Adictd2b00st
  6. MPD47
  7. Nikuk
  8. Onyx Z32

IN for WG & TO with Cars:
  9. 02NismoSpecV
  10. Adictd2b00st
  11. MPD47
  12. Nikuk
  13. Onyx Z32

IN for both BUT will ride / split with someone:
  14. IanK

:tup:

I like it!

I would only be available for Watkins though…

Oh man this is a tough one… I WANT to do both…

ah whatever, i’m in for both lol

:tup: Josh.

But I won’t be in TO on friday, so I’ll get it up there thurs, then come back up friday (unless someone wants to drive it up for me) to partake.

in for both most likely. pending everyone else

hmmm

That Watkins Glen trip was probably one of the most fun times I’ve had in a while.

I plan on Watkins again. GREAT TIME

^Both venues have a ton of stuff to do onsite & off.

Last year We spent ~half the weekend at the track, half doing other stuff around the area that was equally awesome. And, TO is, well, TO. :tup:

exactly, we didn’t get to do TO last year cause of obvious reasons, but the years we did it was great! and watkins glen last year was awesome. I’m gonna have to end up just doing both haha

so are you ever going to reply to my PMs josh?

I have to see how my finances are around that time but i’d be interested in atleast going to the glen.

As a package deal, that is not bad at all, as of now I can say id be down for both, Glen for sure, but I obviously wont affect the “car” count.

^^ Yeah we need cars not just heads. Several people have split it with someone else to make the costs cheaper. Find someone with a car who’s interested but who doesn’t want to pay full price.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Bikes are allowed too. But at the same price though because of ticket costs.

josh wanna update the first post with potential people going with or without cars? that might persuade others into going perhaps

You can click the number of people on the poll and see the same thing :slight_smile:

Well, minus the people with cars thing since IanK screwed that up, lol. I’ll make a list.

This is only a test really and only has influence on the decision to possibly get the ball rolling for Toronto.

no choice up there…but im interested 100% for Toronto. not so much for Watkins though.

not sure if i will have my car then seeing is that im trying to sell but if i do, then im def in.

still too pussy to take your m3 on the track? :stuck_out_tongue: sorry i had to haha

:mamoru: Glad I could help LOL

much better. makes it more obvious for lazy people like me who don’t want to search around for all that haha