«OFFICIAL» NYSpeed Showcases: Grand Prix Watkins Glen July 3rd to 5th 2009

For those that don’t know or may be new, these are “car shows” that I setup each year for NYSpeed members and our friends.

We don’t have any cheesy plastic trophies to give out, but what we do offer is a chance to be part of the race /event beyond just buying an admission ticket. It’s really a chance to have a mini vacation with people of the same automotive interest. But you don’t have to spend all your time at the races and each location offers many things to do outside the gates.

We typically have a cruise to and from the race location. We also get some primo parking / show space for our cars (see images below.) Each event has something different to offer, but both are a great time as many members will attest to.

Requirements:

1. All makes / models are welcome.
  2. Both modified and stock vehicles are also welcome.
  3. BIKES ARE ALLOWED TOO!
  4. Modified vehicles must be ‘tasteful’ (no horrible body kits, etc.) and should be performance oriented.
  5. Vehicles must not leak any fluids.
  6. All vehicles are required to have our sponsor and site stickers adhered to them. Some stickers must be placed in specific locations on your vehicle.
  7. *NEW: All drivers must submit a short description of their vehicle. It could be as short as a paragraph or as long as you want. These will be displayed or your vehicle for the viewing public.

Costs & Details:

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/camping.jpg
Grand Prix Watkins Glen - July 3rd, 4th & 5th 2009
Cost: $100 per car (comes with 2 weekend admission tickets) plus PayPal fees.

• Parking next to the final turn before the front straight.
  • Participants get to lap the track (faster than ‘paced’ speeds) 3 times over the weekend:
    Friday at 12:00 (noon) - 3 Laps
    Friday at 6:15pm - 3 Laps
    Saturday at 12:00 (noon) – 2 laps
  • Participants cars are allowed entry / exit to and from the showcase area anytime.
  • Price includes sticker / sponsor package.

Also, there are some other cool things that we’re going to get to do:

• Saturday 10:30 am –10:45 am - Whelen / Blackdog / TriPoint Technical Directors Visit with us (Tech Talk)
  • Saturday 11 am – 11:30 am - SPEED World Challenge paddock tour
  • Saturday 2:30pm - 2:45 pm - Tony Gaples / Eric Curran / Eric Foss / Jason Saini visit our area for (autographs/Q&A)

Click HERE for lapping video from 2008!

If you would rather camp at the track, please contact me before sending payment. Campsites fit 6-7 people and cost an additional $120 for the whole weekend.

As with last year, we will be allowed to enter and exit the showcase area with our cars at anytime with special passes. This means if you want to spend a day doing something else (Golf, Wine Tour, etc.) your car won’t have to be locked into one place all weekend.

We’re staying at the same hotel as last year. Click HERE to make reservations.

For more Watkins Glen pictures and previous show experiences, CLICK HERE.

Click HERE to Register!

Anyone who wants to pay me in person can do so to avoid the PayPal costs, but you still need to register so we know who’s going :tup:

If you want to go but don’t have a car to take, post up here! Many people split the costs with a co-driver since there are 2 admission tickets per car!

Grand Prix Watkins Glen Registered List:

1. Onyx Z32
  2. TORQDSS
  3. Bing
  4. 02NismoSpecV
  5. IanK
  6. OfficerK
  7. Innovative Tuning
  8. TechnoticMedia
  9. TechnoticMediax2
  10. adamlindsay
  11. Silver
  12. DMoffitt
  13. LAFENGAS
  14. ShagE
  15. Canadian Woody
  16. TheBlue
  17. AdamLindsey

[B]…

I am in for both, looking to split admission and hotel (or camping) as I have some sweet camping equipment new this year.

josh… i might be in for TO, but dont think ill be putting my car in since it may be sold soon. is there anything i can do to just get the admission/passes etc

Yeah, both of you guys can split the cost with someone and get a ticket :tup:

I’ll add you to the ‘looking to split’ lists.

Can we not start the “It may be sold soon” discussion :picard:

well…ill prob have the GF with me…so ill need to figure out where to get another ticket.

what discussion?

im not going to register because im not sure if i will still own it. it MAY or MAY NOT be sold.

I’m sure we’ll be able to work something out.

good deal.

ill be down for both as soon as i can gather up the money

registered for both :slight_smile: i’ll be looking to split the tickets with anyone who’s looking for a ride btw

still register now :slight_smile:

:wink:

that was easy enough haha

alrighty ya sissy i registered.

P.S. make sure you bring a pillow with you this year so you can sleep during all the festivities!

Id like to say Id be down for both. Cost is where I become iffy but if we can get hotel cost’s and come up with a grand total I’ll make a for sure decision. Mike if your down for both, I’ll go half’s on everything with you.

Siqqq. that makes it 10x easier for me to get the needed money lol

:rofl: maybe i will! well i don’t plan on being sick this time so this time around will be a bit different :stuck_out_tongue:

UGH your telling me, as soon as we get an official hotel for WG we can do some pricing. IIRC the delta Chelsea isn’t cheap is it ? Nice place though :wink:

Alright I registered, they assumption is that mike and I will be splitting everything and making it out to both events.