2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 K.R.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/03/mustanggt500kr450_03.jpg

This morning, Ford announced that the mighty King of the Road Shelby GT500KR will be making a return in the spring of 2008 – just in time to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original. Only 1,000 of these special Mustangs will be built, and they will definitely be the fastest ones yet! The team at SVT is tweaking the 5.4L supercharged V-8 with new calibrations, a cold-air induction kit and 3.73:1 final drive ratio. The KR will be rated at 540hp/510lb-ft of torque, making it the most powerful Mustang ever.

The suspension has been recalibrated to give improved steering feel and crisper handling. An underhood cross-brace is added to improve chassis stiffness, which also helps the steering feel. Visual changes include a new carbon composite hood with scoops patterned after the original KR’s and new Shelby-designed wheels. The show car is equipped with 20-inch rolling stock, while the production version sticks with 18-inch versions of the same design. The lower front valence features a pair of air intakes leading to functional ducts to cool the front brakes.

The Cobra badges will get special 40th Anniversary branding and an individually numbered plate will sit in the center of the dash to remind everyone that this car is one of only 1,000 units. There will be no convertible model and pricing won’t be announced until closer to production almost a year from now, although you can probably expect an MSRP somewhere close to $50,000 and retail prices well above that. The old chicken farmer, Carrol Shelby himself, will be on hand for the unveiling in New York on Wednesday.

drool

:whitey:

not bad! not bad at all… they need to cut weight tho

That’s nice ride! Love to see one in person, but probably never will…

:yum: :wackit:

nice

sweet!

Which one’s you?

:rofl:

sick

I agree, but it’s not easy to cut the weight on that chassis.

S197 Chassis (bit heavier already than the SN95)
Iron Block
Supercharger and Aftercooler setup
18" Wheels
Front suspension to support the iron block

All of those things add up.

Plenty of guys are getting stock GT500s to run low 12’s (12.0-12.1), I wouldnt be surprised with the gearing, and hp bump that they run high 11’s stock.

My Predictions:

$51,9XX MSRP
$50-70k ADM

the '68 KR right now, can sell for almost half a million, and they only made a few thousand of those. These are only getting a 1 year run of 1000. I think this is a perfect example of a previous thread on cars in this era selling for quite a bit of money 30 years down the road. My money is on this car, taking the prize, as this is appearantly Carol Shelby’s final vehicle.

Good news is, theyre still making 10,000 regular GT500s a year, so their prices will get a cut.

omfg…sexy

sweet

white with blue stripe would be dead sexy

i really dont like the 05+ mustang but that one is sweet.

just wait till 2012 !!!@

I’ll be the first to say I think its ugly! lol

no uglier than that rainbow in your sig

:smiley:

Boner!

Id rather it be 100 colors than a econo(fox)body!