2008 Subaru Impreza WRX. Offical Pics v Motor Trend.

it’s really disappointing. i was hoping for something closer to the concept version also.

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:24,topic:26562"”]

Isn’t there still going to be a sedan version as well?

[/quote]

All WRX and STI will be 5 door hatches. There will be a non-turbo sedan version, and that will be exclusive to North America.

That isn’t hearsay. It’s from info sent by Subaru to Northtown.

i hope this isn’t legit…

[quote=“SI01,post:42,topic:26562"”]

All WRX and STI will be 5 door hatches. There will be a non-turbo sedan version, and that will be exclusive to North America.

That isn’t hearsay. It’s from info sent by Subaru to Northtown.

[/quote]

What do they have against coupes??

I like it, except for the grille.

no waiiiiiiiiiiiii

front grill looks uglyyyy…

what is that? Ford?

[quote=“MPD47,post:9,topic:26562"”]

Disagreed. The current design actually has some style to it. This just looks like a bag of assholes mixed with some domestic crap.

[/quote]

X2… that is the worst looking thing Subaru has ever put out!

I think I am the only one that likes it. I think it is progressive. Big thumbs up to it being a hatch too!

I think it is cool that it is a hatch, however they should not have made it look like a focus with a wing… they could have made a nice looking hatch but they fucked this one up big time

will the hatch end up being any lighter than the potential coupes of today and tomorrow?

true enthusiasts probably won’t argue with a couple hundred pound weight reduction, although i doubt that was subaru’s motivaion in the current disaster/design

I would like to send the “bag of assholes” comment to Subaru HQ.

[quote=“sureshot!,post:50,topic:26562"”]

will the hatch end up being any lighter than the potential coupes of today and tomorrow?

true enthusiasts probably won’t argue with a couple hundred pound weight reduction, although i doubt that was subaru’s motivaion in the current disaster/design

[/quote]

the top wrc teams have hatches with smaller wheel bases. They are just being followers.

I can only hope the front grill is just an early april fools joke, otherwise the car is nice.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:52,topic:26562"”]

the top wrc teams have hatches with smaller wheel bases. They are just being followers.

[/quote]

It’s more trying to be competitive again than following.

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:44,topic:26562"”]

What do they have against coupes??

[/quote]

I don’t know. And since I <3 Impreza coupes, I wish they would bring it back.

there might be some potential
http://www.pmgz.net/2058.jpg

am i the ony one that likes the 2006 front end? Lowered and lipped, i prefer it to the 04/05 that i had previously…

Has ANYONE EVER purchased a Subaru for its looks?
I doubt it.

I rather like the front end on the 2006, was quite unique and good looking. But I can’t help but think this is a magazine based April Fools joke.

[quote=“newman,post:57,topic:26562"”]

am i the ony one that likes the 2006 front end? Lowered and lipped, i prefer it to the 04/05 that i had previously…

[/quote]

I am a fan. But I am biased.

Has ANYONE EVER purchased a Subaru for its looks?
I doubt it.

I’ve argued that before. I don’t think so.