2008 Subaru Impreza WRX. Offical Pics v Motor Trend.

i like the way they molded the hood scoop on that one

is there gonna be a sedan model?

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:44,topic:26562"”]

What do they have against coupes??

[/quote]

They tend to lose to hatchbacks in WRC… :wink:

it looks like th guy in that pic has 4 kids and wants this car just for the seats in the back for his kids…

(thoughts in guys head) “oo cup holders”

Man, I thought the 2006 front end was awesome. That’s a shame. And thumbs down to only having 5 door hatches.

EVO is starting to take the edge in this competition as far as the direction both cars are going.

(another thought in guys head)

“i wonder if the will make a detachable tent?”

[quote=“91MR2,post:84,topic:26562"”]

Man, I thought the 2006 front end was awesome. That’s a shame. And thumbs down to only having 5 door hatches.

EVO is starting to take the edge in this competition as far as the direction both cars are going.

[/quote]

+100000000000000 on both counts. Subaru has certainly lost it.

And I hate Mitsubishi!

The styling will grow on (insert JDM and WRC) people. Same way the “bugeye” sedans did.

Very few Subarus since the SVX were pretty. The late Legacys were styled well.

:tdown: for not having a sedan - let alone a coupe…

yea i deff like the current body style alot better than this one,it looks cheaply designed and like a toyota matrix had sex with a sebring :tdown:

What I don’t get is how can the same people who just designed this:
http://www.geoffarnold.com/Images/subaru-legacybig.jpg
Turn around and design this bag of assholes (great line there) WRX?

The Legacy has style and class. Probably the only Subie I’ve ever liked the looks of, other than the SVX.

I think the STi will look a lot better than this regular WRX, as it currently does.

I dunno, personally I think both the current and previous EVOs and WRXs are ugly cars, but they are cool because of their engines, suspensions, and drivetrains. This then makes their exterior design cool through association. If EVO and WRX bodies came with a fwd v6 out of a taurus and a softer suspension, every single person on here would be calling them the ugliest/worst cars on the road.

You guys really got to look at who subaru is marketing to. If you want to race, buy an STI. If you have a family and still want a fun car, the WRX is hands down a winner. Now, what type of person amongst those two types is more common? This car is not built for full race auto-enthusiasts. If I had a kid or two, or constantly had to haul shit in my car, I would most likely own a Legacy, wrx wagon, or this new wrx. Safe, roomy, yet not a piece of turd to drive like a minivan or SUV.

[quote=“redrum,post:90,topic:26562"”]

I think the STi will look a lot better than this regular WRX, as it currently does.

I dunno, personally I think both the current and previous EVOs and WRXs are ugly cars, but they are cool because of their engines, suspensions, and drivetrains. This then makes their exterior design cool through association. If EVO and WRX bodies came with a fwd v6 out of a taurus and a softer suspension, every single person on here would be calling them the ugliest/worst cars on the road.

[/quote]

:tup:

[quote=“99_civic_si,post:91,topic:26562"”]

snip

[/quote]

Legacy yes, but even when you have a family you still don’t want to drive something as ugly as that WRX. I’d take my Expedition over that thing any day, even if I had to give up the performance.

does anybody else see impala in the grill and headlights ?

^ no, i see kia spectre5
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/06.september.deals.month.cars/06.kia.spectra5.500.jpg

why is it so hard to make these fucking things look as good as what’s in them? christ, i should be a subie designer, i’m quite sure i could do as good a job on the aesthetics

[quote=“ly555is,post:96,topic:26562"”]

why is it so hard to make these fucking things look as good as what’s in them? christ, i should be a subie designer, i’m quite sure i could do as good a job on the aesthetics

[/quote]

Amen bro, prodrive took the guts of the sti and put them in a car that thousands would give a left nut over (P2) yet subaru took nothing from that car. The thing performed like a super car, looked like a supercar and could probably be owned for under 50k if it went into production. Whats wrong with making a car that looks nice and performes even better?

[quote=“RobHimself,post:97,topic:26562"”]

Amen bro, prodrive took the guts of the sti and put them in a car that thousands would give a left nut over (P2) yet subaru took nothing from that car. The thing performed like a super car, looked like a supercar and could probably be owned for under 50k if it went into production. Whats wrong with making a car that looks nice and performes even better?

[/quote]

Speaking of P2. Didn’t Top Gear test it? My undying love for whoever can find the link :smiley:

yes they did and it was all over youtube. Jeremy clarkson puked out the door during the skid pad test. He kept pushing more and more g’s and finally puked cause the car woulden’t give. They pretty much summed up the use of anti lag and the adjustable diff in a street car. The anti lag isnt so practical but man does that sound bad ass.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:99,topic:26562"”]

yes they did and it was all over youtube. Jeremy clarkson puked out the door during the skid pad test. He kept pushing more and more g’s and finally puked cause the car woulden’t give. They pretty much summed up the use of anti lag and the adjustable diff in a street car. The anti lag isnt so practical but man does that sound bad ass.

[/quote]

youtube killed all the vids