2008 Yamaha YFZ450 SE

new thread

Use to have one of these… great atv, GLWS

Thanks. It’s an awesome machine, I’m torn to even sell it but my s2k project is on my priority list at the moment

bump

Looks pretty sick ! GLWS

Nice looking bike, have seen it at royal a few times. Sorry to get kinda off topic here but whats the deal with the trx90 throttle? Not as stiff?

Yeah the trx90 throttle has a very light spring. The stock yfz throttle will kill your thumb after a few laps but with the 90 throttle you don’t even notice. It’s pretty common to swap it out on yfz’s.

noticed it has +2 houser’s. Were the shocks ever re-valved for this seeing as they are stock housings?

+2 hoisers use the same shocks. They do not require a long travel shock

I know this. I have a Roll design Lobo 2 front end with Axis long travel shocks. I was asking if the shocks for re-valved for the change in geometry. Spring rates and rebound and such change when you move a stock shock mount out 2 more inches.

The shocks mount in the same position, there is no change in geometry.

shock mounts may be the same but leverage is completly diffrent. Either way it is fine

Leverage yes, geometry no. They have not been revalved, according to houser they do not need to be

bump

Bump, willing to part out the aftermarket.

$4000

So here is the deal, selling this for $3400 now. It’s $1000 below book value for a quick sale.
I have removed the aftermarket exhaust, intake, cdi box, kick start (still has electric) and a arms i was origionally going to sell this with and replaced them with the stock parts. I have edited my first post to reflect the aftermarket parts it will come with.