2009 Leonid Meteor Shower

waiting as well. Sky is pretty clear over G.I. so hopefully get to see something. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Chilled for about an hour and a half, didn’t see any huge event, probably about 15-20 shooting stars overall. A few of them were fucking huge! Overall, overrated. Hopefully someone got a good video of the whole thing and we can all check it out in the morning :tup:

Got out of work right at 3am, went home and watched a little from my back deck. That reminds me that I could use a hot tub…

Seemed like very bright stars, colored more blue than usual, some were shooting…

A little too cloudy here to fully enjoy…

fml. nothing as of just now

edit: stood in a field for 45 mins. took 20 pics. none of meteors.

edit2: wow that was a waste. somehow in my hurried reading tonight I thought a higher iso was better. took 2 pictures on iso 80, the rest turned out horrible as I thought 1600 was best. fuckin noob

ugh even these suck
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9859/027mac.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/595/026n.jpg

I woke up at 5:00, I think it was too late. Where were they east, west, north, south?
Channel 4 said there would be more tonight, I think at midnight.(?)

woke up at 4:45 to go to the gym…it was very clear skies, but didnt see anything :frowning:

A few websites said south east. A think I might have seen one small one. Midnight would be a lot better. Shit, I can’t believe I got up at 4.

We were watching directly south, things happened on both sides and down the middle.

i was out at about 1 and saw 4 in total. one really big one that made my night and pleased me so i didnt sit outside in the cold for a while.

wish i had my saturn still on the road, i could have just sat inside that and looked through the sunroof lol.

all in all it was a nice clear night actually.

After reading the original article I thought they wouldn’t be around until 4:00am so I layed wide awake not even thinking to look before 4. I fell asleep at 3:30 and woke up again at 5:00 and missed it!
:fu:

I am sure I will be awake tonight as usual. I hope I get to see at least one. lol

I read something about not getting very many last night, so now they’re planning for 2am on the 18th

Any links? I wouldn’t mind confirming that before I wake up at 2AM on a worknight. :wink:

I woke up at about 2:45 for a look. Got outside and tried to decide if it was worth going to a hilltop to look, but it was way too cloudy.

same here except I never fell asleep. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep last night.

and +1 on a better confirmation of time. I would really like to catch a few, but I cant be up all night looking

Me and the girl went to Spaulding Lake and layed out in a field from 4am-4:45am and literally saw maybe five meteors each. They weren’t even good ones.

Thank god for delicious timmy ho’s apple cider otherwise it’d be a total waste.