2009 nyias

What do you guys think about a write up on this?

Site: http://www.autoshowny.com/

I was fortunate to secure a press pass last year, and the press events are great. Press preview this year is on Wednesday April 8th& Thursday April 9th. I am awaiting some registration info to registered for this years event. I think I may be able to get a few more passes if they let me register this year, or Shift518 can submit a registration.

I’m down if I can get press status… It’s so damn hard to take pics when there’s thousands of retards getting in your way. Chicago auto show this year was even worse lol.

I was planing on making press passes for us to use. I’d have to discuss this more with James Pickett as he has been through the process before, and so far I have not, however it did not seem like an overly complicated thing to achieve.

How did you secure one for last year?

Date is fast approaching.

Cossey you want to go?

Anybody else?

I will go.

Sorry for the late reply, I almost forgot about this thread. I emailed them about getting press credential last year for my blog and this is what they sent me:

Aaron,

Thank you for your interest in the 2008 New York International Automobile Show.

You will need the following information to access the media part of the site:

Username: autoshowny
Password: media08

Please email me if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,

New York International Automobile Show
c/o Sams Crispe Communications
27 West 20th Street, Suite 502
New York, NY10011
212.560.9495 (fax)

I’ve tested my last year’s username and password, and it still works. Head to autoshowny.com; click on the “Press Access” tab and enter the username and password to sign in. Once you are in, click the “Registration” on your left and it will bring you to the registration page. From this point on you will need a “registration code” to register. Use the contact info in that page and ask them for a registration code.

I did email them and are still waiting for a reply for this year’s code.

To really cover the show and attend all the manufacturer conferences, you will probably need a minimum of 3 crew members. The manufacturer’s conferences runs back to back. While one crew member attends a conference, another crew member will have to get a good seat or tripod spot at the next event, and with the 3rd guy doing media work, with very little interference from crowds, on the events that has just been concluded; as other people either attending an event or getting a tripod spot for the next event.

Tripod is a must for any video/camera work if you want to take really good shots without using flash. Bring your own food and water if you don’t want to paid $7 for a slice of pizza and $3 for a bottle of coke.

Me and Jerrod (CSB427) attended today and have had a blast.

Was similar to last year in many aspects, but it showed that manufacturers didn’t have the same funds and some were hurting financially showing less concepts and less outrageous exhibits.

Took about ~200 pictures, which will be edited and uploaded onto the myspace and then posted here, just to be later reposted in the blog site once it’s up to add to the archives along with the 08 photos of the bike and car show.

Cossey/Marat were unable to make it.

wow 200 pictures… sounds great !

Vlad answer your PM dude…you probably missed =/

So, where are these mythical pictures?

dude yea comon pics lets go !

Eh yeah, my bad.

ha !

I promise, by Tuesday they will be up.

yea im only bustin balls , dont worry about it :smiley: