2009 Spring Tri-Vette Auto-X

Oh yea, I had a blast. It was def. a lot of fun. I’m looking into doing some of the MoHud events… but its hard to get so many weekends off without my boss punching me in the face.

My best time was a 1:20.8xxx which is alright. The car is def. easily capable of 1:18’s though… but my first weekend of racing, I’m more than happy with those results. My buddy ran a 1:20:0xx in a Spec-V with just an exhaust… lol

I have never run at the go-cart track…but i used to run at one in bainbridge n.y. which had the exact same type of course. Should be good…plan on setting a new time record there…I hope.

It’s a good course. I used to watch this video from a Mazda… he had inside / outside dash cams that I used to learn the track.

As soon as 518carscene.com is back up, I’ll post Jeremiahs in-car video.

Jeremiah in car #1 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2217331380378381537&hl=en

Jeremiah in car #2 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8779218935971307811&hl=en

Damn, Tom. I guess I need to show up now.

Now Jesse just needs to come in and claim that autox is worthless and doesn’t help make you a better driver.

You’re welcome for the videos.

I’m assuming that was your Mazda? Hah! Thanks man!

Yeah, I haven’t run there since they fixed the pavement. It will be nice to see what it’s like, also not running the mazda.

:facepalm As usual.

Autox does make you a better driver. Just at a painfully slow rate.

Painfully slow rate maybe, but in very short intervals!

(how was this supposed to be a good rebuttal, got me…)

6 runs x 1 minute = 6 minutes of driving. All day. All. Day.

Instead I’ll go to Walmart parking lot the night before, slide around practicing car control for an hour, go out drinking, find some willing freshman sloot, get to bed at 4 am, wake up at noon hung over, THEN go to the autox to watch.

So I had more fun and 1600% more car control seat time. For free.

But we dont need to turn this thread into that again. :smiley:

Oh, and sloots.

Jeff is a champion autocrosser, I wouldnt mess with him in anyway.

Autocross was fun until it got expansive and courses got smaller. Plus I discovered track days.

Jesse and I will show up hung over and enjoying dennys fine dining.

if that’s the case, i’m shooting for 1:19.999 or better :smiley:

That was me…good luck…lol…

I had huge crappy snow tires on as well…

I forgot about that, lol

it’s too bad i won’t have my SER for this auto X, it would be big brother vs. little brother :smiley:

I will be in my integra this year…the spec v was my back up car because i had two stripped wheel studs on the teg that i couldnt get fixed in time… :frowning:

NO ONE has ever driven the scirocco faster than I have in the rain.

no one!

:ahh