SRT-8 Challenger

ok so the 2009 challengers now come with a 6speed manual tranny. My parents are considering getting this for a third car for them to use on weekends in the summer. What are your thoughts on the car? Apparently edmunds has found that the manual is slower than the automatic?? How is that possible. 0-60 5.1(auto) 5.5(manual) and the 1320 in 13.2@107 (auto) and 13.8@103(manual). Any one know why this is or maybe it just shows that edmunds drivers suck. Well they are checkin it out on monday but in the meantime lemme know what you guys think of it.

Most bad ass car available. Do your parents plan on it being a drag car? I cant tell you why the numbers are different in their test but the manual is gonna be bad ass.

they will take it up to PRP on occasion. I watched the vids, and it looked like the guy couldn’t drive at all. Looked as if he was dumpin the clutch at idle and got on the throttle way to hard. Resulting in lots of wheel spin smoke and even a bit of wheel hop from the sounds of it.

finally a manual tranny

Id rather have a vette for the asking price.

Tell them to get it. Those cars are bad ass, and have a rapidly-expanding aftermarket.

x2!

do it!

Fran talk some sense into your mom and get a 1LT LS3 Vette…

I’m the opposite. Vettes are getting pretty damn common and the newest body style doesn’t have the same quality that the Challenger does.

I say do it…2x.

Challenger has quality? It has the same plastic interior that the Charger has but with new gauges…

Why buy a $42,000 car that handles like a boat and will run mid 13’s on a good day, when you could have a $42,000 Corvette that will run circles around that challenger anywhere you put them… and looks far better…

:confused:

I didn’t mean quality as in a European style interior/construction. All American cars have ****ty plastic all over them. I meant it has the badass quality, the nostalgic quality, that the latest Corvettes lack, despite their superior performance.

The Challengers possess a certain quality or trait, that is hard to pin down, but just makes them seem awesome. Whenever I see one, I can’t believe how awesome they look. Now that I’ve seen new Z06 vettes, the non-Z06 vettes just don’t evoke that same feeling of…“wow, what a badass car.” It’s kind of like seeing a Mustang GT, then a 6cyl. Same basic car, but the look of the one totally overshadows the other.

I’m not normally into aesthetics at all, but they did something right with the Challenger. That and they actually put a mean sounding exhaust on it from the factory, another thing GM seems to be incapable of doing.

There’s no arguing the performance, but we’ll have to disagree on the looks.

if your not racing it on the road course and lookin for a kick ass sumtime driver. i would rock the SRT8 in a second. if i was younger and lookin for a kick ass handleing car i would rock the vette. either way they are both awesome. looks is up to the person performance we all agree the vette is better. but i got to look at it everyday and only really perform it once every few weeks when i get the urge.

Buy the Challenger, then do this http://videos.streetfire.net/video/twinn-turbo-Challenger-8_182404.htm

You said that like your 67 years old Mac … :wtf:

i was speakin in the sense of his parents. would that be the 4th person???

Ohhh ok! … I was like wtf is Mac talking about now?? 4th person works for me!