2010 Mazdaspeed 3

Well, I guess I am starting this a bit late… I’ve had the car since June of 2010. I started bolting on parts from day 1 and eventually got to the point where I am today:

Intake, upgraded top mount intercooler, ported intake manifold, downpipe, catless exhaust, Grimmspeed 3port boost controller, and some other crap. I also tossed on a Zex Safeshot dry nitrous kit for giggles, and a Cobb Accessport that I have tuned myself (I tune Mazdaspeeds under the name Dizzy Tuning).

This time last year I dynoed:

Since then, I have added 50/50 e85/87 octane fueling, more aggressive tune, and the nitrous. This is the record holder for stock turbo currently:

This is UNCORRECTED on a Dynojet. Corrected was more, the 330 was 338 or 339 whp.

Low number is nitrous tune, no spray.
Higher numbers are spraying a 55 dry shot. No changes were made between pulls.

Impressive:bigtup:

Do you have a dyno run of this thing bone stock with just the Cobb AP software. I am convinced that Cobb inflates stock numbers in the software.

Wow these things make good tq numbers.

nice numbers… feel like helping me cal my maf?? :slight_smile:

Hey, nice to see you on here. I’m on MSF.org with you. Good to see you bringing this to other forums and giving this platform the proper attention. Awesome!

I don’t, sorry. Stock should be ~ 240whp. I did an AP tune on my car with just the HPFP upgrade and it was ~ 265whp when I was done. Then I went all out and here I am.

I actually was expecting more, but thats cool. 3rd gear is pretty worthless on the tires I currently have. I am hunting for something stickier to help that.

Sure, if you are serious Ill help you haha. wsbucker@gmail.com

For sure! Speeds are like red-headed step children of “hot hatches”

Used to have a 09 speed3 made about the same numbers this is impressive

good numbers man! I love my Speed3. I havent done anything to mine as far as HP and numbers go, just a short shift kit, muffler and coilovers. This summer some go fast parts will be installed on mine. Any chance you could tune it? :slight_smile:

^
Same, I am going to be getting an AP soon and could use a tune.

Yeah guys, I do a ton of e-tunes on these things (Most owners are on mazdaspeedforums.org). Shoot me an email and I can give more details on it all if you are interested. wsbucker@gmail.com

awesome. Sounds like i need to get myself and AP

Why didn’t you use the boost by gear features of the software to avoid this?

I find the boost by gear is much less effective than lowering the throttle APP Translation tables in 1st-3rd. I simply limits the max throttle opening and is more consistent. Ill be snagging some better tires for daily duty and some 17" with Quicktime pro’s or better for the track and that should solve most of the issue!

You guys are Cobb certified on Speeds, right?