2011 Dodge Challenger *Now MOPAR Gang-Bang*

When did the srt8 challenger/charger beat the camaro ss or the new 5.0? Last I heard/saw the srt8s were the slowest out of all the new muscle cars?

edit: it’s also the most expensive out of the 3, by THOUSANDS of dollars… performance for the price is severely lacking

Don’t you need to actually beat your immediate competitors in order to catch up and exceed them?

This whole topic has just been opinion based. I’m not trying to prove one > another and have seen no facts or statistics about anything. It is just ridiculous to get so defensive over an automaker.

Not to mention, what styling does a F150 bring that a Ram 1500 does not that that your “forced” to buy ford?

Yeah, Ford sux!

All brands have there problems.I give props to mopar for trying to bring the old styling back.They did a good job with the challenger.Yes it might be heavy and the slowest of the 3 but i think it looks more like the old challenger,the mustang and the camaro didnt go all the way with finishing the old look.Lets face it any of the big 3 could make something with huge horsepower but they just dont.I dont get why everybody thinks the dodge A518 trans has so many problems,i work at a trans shop and see way less of these than ford E4ODs,AODEs and Gm 4l60es.Mine has 155k and the wifes jeep has 177k.and they still works perfect.I guess the moral of my rant theres always a car thats faster,and it will keep happening year after year.As far as i see it i think none of them have really put any big increase in 1/4 times.In the 1960s cars were running this fast.

Uh, dippy, I wasn’t talking about JUST the SRT-8. I was talking about the brand as a whole. Ford and Chevy have what, maybe 5-6 performance cars between them that arent an absolute joke? Including the last couple of years, Mopar has had what, over a dozen different types of SRT products, each of which actually perform competitively in some way?

Besides that, more goes into a car than just how fast it is in a straight line.

Winter is going to be fun! Woo!

It has nothing to do with cosmetic styling. It has to do with Dodge discontinuing its Vans, and also discontinuing its half ton [or is it 3/4 ton?] pickup WITHOUT dual rears that isnt a Diesel. Mopar just does not make the exact truck that is required right now, simple as that. Dually’s are NOT acceptable, nor are Diesels.

yes more goes into a car than straight line… and keeping it simply with those two srt8 models and the other two brand models i mentioned, both of the other muscle cars outperform the srt8s in EVERY area. Slalom speed, braking, price, 0-60, 0-60-0… everything except for the skidpad numbers which were all marked at .92g if I recall correctly.

Hm which other performance cars did we have

• G8
  • solstice gxp
  • sky redline
  • ion redline
  • cobalt ss
  • hhr ss
  • trailblazer ss
  • camaro v6/ss/z28 coming out
  • corvette/z06/zr1
  • cadillac cts-v
  • new buick regal turbo

As for ford they unfortunately don’t have a lot performance wise

• MustangV6/GT/GT500
  • Ford GT

And by the way, next time you respond to me, don’t be a dick I was respectful in my post “dippy”

Pontiac’s are awesome…oh wait.

You don’t own a pontiac, you own a Disney “Car”

Hmmm… OK, I give you 13, between BOTH of the other USA automakers… and I raise you;

-Neon SRT-4
-Caliber SRT-4
-Crossfire SRT-6
-Magnum SRT-8
-300 SRT-8
-Charger SRT-8
-Challenger SRT-8
-Challenger SRT-8 Drag Pack
-Jeep SRT-8
-Durango SRT-8 [Rumored 2012]
-Ram SRT-10
-Challenger SRT-10 [Rumored 2012]
-Challenger SRT-10 Drag Pack
-Viper SRT-10 & ACR
-Viper SRT-10 ACRX
-Viper Competition Coupe
-Illmor V-10 BOAT program for fuck sake, LOL

Yeah… who’s list is longer, more widespread, and contains a shitload more horsepower?

I will not deny that GM and Ford DO have some nice offerings. But Mopar= Big Power these days. IF you really want to continue this, we can sit here and add up all of the horsepower on the list, and see who wins? Or, we can find out who has more cylinders? Or perhaps the ricer way, and find out who makes more HP/L?

and BTW… read what I post, and dont draw false conclusions to work with, and I wont have to call you dippy :slight_smile:

FUCK YOU NYSpeed Server for the double post.

^^^ While there are definitely some solid mentions in that list (Magnum SRT8’s I love)…did you honestly include the Caliber and the Crossfire???

you need to get a fucking life

I have to stir shit a bit more, I love NYSpeed Drama.
I enjoy what Mopar has done with the Challanger. But regardless of how much horsepower they put out, they are fucking PIGS.

cmon now jam, not trying to suck his cock but that life of his had him in a viper when he was 18

on a side note: the SRT4 outperformed not only ford gm 4 cyl, but it was faster than the 4.6 stang, as well as the 6 banger camaro, and the 5.7L chal/charger, it went high 13’s in the quarter and 5.1 in the 60, and it was 20 grand cheaper than an STI and EVO, also, if you spent 5 grand to get the stage 3 upgrade, it fucked every car in the ass, and you only spent 25 grand

Pretty sure 99% of people realize this. The fact it was FWD was it’s largest downfall…but for what it was it was def a quick car.

LOL… So, I need a life because I sat down at the computer for all of maybe 30 minutes total while I was bored, to argue pointless shit on the internet.

I have been on this website since 05, as have you, and lets see… I have 778 posts, and you have what, 4466?

Now, which one of us needs to get a life?

Don’t worry about him, that’s what ignorant fools resort to when you bring logic into the equation. Angry name calling with zero facts.

Go eat a twinkie, Jam.

I don’t give a fuck about this at all, Chryslers are garbage, I just find it super funny anytime “mopar” or “viper” is brought up final gts aka team jackstands is all over this shit, and that is the only time he posts. Brand loyalty like that is super lame

and I fucking HATE when people put cars that aren’t theirs in their sig. Who the fuck are you trying to fool? Shit is mad gay

and why did you tell me to eat a Twinkie? Kind of random, you weirdo