2011 GT500 STOCK with wheels/slicks 11.16@124

Honestly they look like blown shocks out back. the rebound is very fast and it bounced like 3 times each shift. little to know compression, and little to know rebound = lots of weight transfer and lots of rebound.

THIS. 26’s are like 3 inches smaller in dia than stock. the math works out to something like 3.73 stock gears, with that much of a smaller tire, the rollout is like a 4.10 or so. big difference for sure.

Probably just yanked the shocks out out back. :rofl

honestly, I think they might have. That crossed my mind actually.

There’s a ‘racer-trick’ guys in Norway/Sweden do with E30s- they gut the front struts. Not sure why? to use just the springs up front to help load the rear? dunno, but it sure does look funny.

then again they dont have many, if any fully prepped drag strips, so they try all of those kinds of zany tricks to help get a little extra out of their setups.

alot of guys put V6 suspension on the rears as well…technically its still a “stock part” so they fall under that category and the spring rates are much much softer…much better weight transfer.

First I hit the bar and pick up the fatest chick I can find. Then we leave and I dukes of hazard my car across the river, then at full speed hit some NASSSTY train tracks just prior to telling her to GTFO I gotta hit up LVD.

You should see the weight transfer on my Camaro… it’s unreal with stock suspension, ask anyone.

So many what ifs and this car that.:facepalm

yah,…its hilarious.

Sounds like he needs to get a FWD car or something if he can only pull a 12.5 out of a GT500, or learn how to drive.

All stock suspension in both those cars. The 2011 with the SVTPP has 3.73 gears stock the 2010 has 3.55. How can you compare a Z06 to a GT500? Not the same category or price range. Granted GT500s hold there value better. My friend had debated a Z06 but the cost to make it as fast as a GT500 was too much(both being modded), PLUS he (like I) has a kid and likes to bring him for rides in the car.

Sounds like a personal problem to me, or pissed at the fact the GT500s and '11 GTs respond so well to mods. To think I gave you props for a nice car in the other thread.

The 2011 is lighter for sure but not an insane amount, around 120lbs. Quite a few have ran 12.0x@119ish dead stock. The guy I know with a 2010 ran 12.09@119 I think totally stock, which is faster than anything else for $47k new. The SVTPP 2011 handles much better do to suspension changes and different wheel/tire setup.

This is the red/black 2010 with mods, still stock pulley and no tune. I took a vid of the 10.89 run but didn’t get this one. It doesn’t have a race suspension, the D-specs are adjustable but are great for a road course as well, plus the car is lowered. Only “drag” type thing done is the radiator support that deletes the front sway bar.

10.88@128
LTs w/offroad X, axelback,JLT CF inlet tube w/SB filter-U/L with 1.5" drop + D-specs-built 8.8 w/4.10s,,Weld RTs with hoosiers slicks + skinnies,Kmember,rad support

Or that it was a piece of shit and the tranny blew in 300 miles.

Ya, that’s it…

Anytime you want to run a junk GT500 let me know…or a Cobra…

Im more than interested this year. Id like to play with your 5.0 as well.

Deductive reasoning says he money shifts the fuck out of it…

Hes an older dude but drove it fine. It had a tranny from a 2010 cobra in a 2011 car. He had it rebuilt by lethal i think. Ford would not warranty it.

They must have had good reasoning not to, especially with that kinda mileage… On the plus side, lethal does good work!