2011 Mustang in GT3 class

:wow

http://garage.redlinemotive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Ford-Mustang-GT3-4-660x440.jpg

http://garage.redlinemotive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Ford-Mustang-GT3-2-660x440.jpg

Ford has really been making the Mustang enthusiasts proud. With bringing back the infamous 5.0 for 2011 and giving Chevy a run for their money with horsepower wars, now the Ford is getting into GT3 racing with the 2011 Ford Mustang GT3 built by the Marc VDS racing team and Multimatic in Canada. This 2011 Ford Mustang GT3 is going to be competing in the European FIA GT3 championship and is being tested now at the Ford European test facility near Luton, Bedfordshire.

This 2011 Ford Mustang GT3 is powered by a special 5.3L V8 that makes a smooth 560 horsepower. Weighing in at under 3000 lbs (2970lbs), this car has an incredible power to weight ratio. We’re still waiting on more performance numbers from this beast.

da fuck is going on with the front bumper/wheel/fender size proportion and gap??

Gotta be some reasoning behind it…

Can’t be suspension travel clearance, if they expect the tire to hit the fender 6" away then what the fuck is going to happen to the front splitter that’s 2" away :lmao

Semi-tube or “fixed” geometry domestic cars always have bizarro world wheel gap. The other Euro and Jap cars are so polished and sleek compared to the Vipers/Saleens/Ford GT/other US stuff that has raced over there.

That brick is going to have aero issues against the other GT3 cars. The competition is Aston Martins, 911s, etc.

Yeah the 911’s do work! Love those cars

Inneresting.

what class is the b8 s4 in?

luxury class

ohhh ok

I havent seen Audi enter anything besides the R cars. Regardless, you could make it run in anything. There are E92 BMW M3s running in both GT2 and GT4, 911s running in GT2, GT3, and GT4, Astons in GT1 and GT3, etc.

Clark, why the fuck did you give ford your spoiler? :rofl

Notice my spoiler is the only aero/bodywork piece that isnt falling off the car or installed by a 9 yr old. Look at the rear diffuser. [/Ford bashing]

Really tho that isnt a factory build is it?

I <3 Flying Lizard.
/love of Porsche.

Sweet wheels though!
/love of BBS E88’s, same wheels on my 911.

I’ve never seen a Mustang whose factory wheel fitment wasn’t a complete disaster. They all look goofy, even the race cars.

bad ass… clarks a hater… cars been raced, not set up for show :slight_smile:

cars going to smoke m3s.