MotorTrend '11 GT vs '11 m3

This is sure to stir up the fan bois. Embedding fail…

Road course vid
[video]http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtests/1008_2011_ford_mustang_gt_2011_bmw_m3_coupe_compar ison_video/index.html[/video]

Drag strip vid
[video]http://www.motortrend.com/av/features/1008_2011_ford_mustang_gt_2011_bmw_m3_drag_race_vi deo/index.html[/video]

[Comparison article](http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1010_2011_2011_ford_mustang_gt_vs_2011_bmw_m3_comp arison/index.html)

Let the flames begin :tup:

Not one mention of tires?!? Did I miss it whiling scanning the article?

The specs show the Ford on Pirelli Pzeros and the BMW on Conti Sportcontact3.
I realize this was a “stock” comparison but…

Edit: OK this was it… “This $2500 kit(BMW) provides a slightly wider track via higher offset 19-inch wheels and improved grip by way of stickier tires”
So the already waaay higher priced BMW had a $2500 “sticky” package. I wonder how it would have done on the “regular” package.

Hmm…yet another “The other car was better in all measurable categories, but we gave the win to the BMW for some unknown reason” comparison test. This is why car mags can’t have nice things.

motortrend is a notorious BMW humper

I have to say though, I am not surprised on some of the comments on the mustang

• Mustang has bad steering feedback
  • Mustang dampers are only effective up to 60-70mph

They’re the sort of thing that make the car bland to drive

motortrend probably get bigger handouts than fry does from the muslims

Ah well, the Mustang got paid back for the 2005 test vs. the 2005 GTO where it got beaten by 7 points and then they gave it an 8 point advantage in “Gotta have it factor” to give it the win.

I would rather have the M3. Every shitty girl and crooked hat waering guy has a late model V6 mustang.

Damn…impressive performance by the Mustang!!!

The GT also has the track pack which has P Zero Nero and the ZCP M3 which was tested has PS2’s

Cool, two comparisons between 2 cars I’D NEVER TRY AND PICK BETWEEN.

For the first time I would actually want a brand new GT, I love that car.

But I would take a M3 sedan over it if money wasn’t an issue. I actually saw a black sedan today that was flush with nice wheels. It was at a reserve spot at buff state, saw the car once before at the building where GCR is(recording studio), it was on the side that has a dentist’s office. Just one of the nicest new cars anyone makes, for a reasonable price that is.

M3 please.

its always there i used to live a block away and i would always drool at it when i drove by.

I just walked past it, very nice indeed.

I wonder if I got a BMW logo tattooed on my forehead if I would start randomly getting promotions and awards that I didn’t deserve.

Mustang for sure… German cars are too preppy. Vdub shit is getting too out of hand in my area.

The GT is impressive, especially with a live axle out back. I thought ford had plans for IRS in the GTs future? I thought I read that somewhere.

i’m really surprised by this but i would still not buy the mustang even though i’d concede that it is very very impressive.

It’s still too common on the street.

do they come with sunroofs yet?

Wil Shelby or someone else come out with one with a proper rear suspension?

I can only imagine what the Cobra or Shelby GT will look like

I do not want either to be completely honest. . .

One of My professors is chief chassis engineer at Ford and I asked this very question. He said that they were going to use the IRS that they developed for the 99-03 Cobras, but they achieved the same “feel” according to their customers. The solid axle is also more robust form the factory and Ford didn’t want to go through the same rear end issues that other similar vehicles suffered from.(I think he meant the GTO)