MotorTrend '11 GT vs '11 m3

I have read that they plan on putting in an IRS in 2014

It will take a well-thought out implementation to avoid wheelhop, thats the suck.

IRS and Mustangs just don’t make sense…

Why not? Pony cars were meant to be flogged on a circuit, not on a dragstrip. It would go back to their roots.

Was a joke…I just put an IRS into my Fox body:)

I think an IRS would be a great addition to the next Mustang, given they could build the chassis around it rather than figuring out how to fit it into an existing structure. On the flip side they have done a great job of getting the solid axle to perform…so continued refinement on that is okay in my book too.

This is cool and the mustang has truly come a long way to now be know as a good sports car however this is comparing apples to oranges. Two different brands with two different vehicles compared in a very basic format. Props to both but if I had the money for a Mustang GT I would not buy one. If I had the money for a BMW M3 I would.

Hmm, woulda never known from the username.

LOL

GT FTW. Ill take the GT and the additonal 20K from not buying the M3. i got this issues and wondered why in the hell are they comparing apples to oranges. The GT didnt do too bad. That new 5.0 will be legendary just like the old 302s

It may be biased however I can back up my reasoning. I’m still searching for an intelligent comment from your end in this thread :slight_smile:

:fry:

psh. less than a tenth of a second and they give the win to the BMW? Don’t they take into account driver error?

Don’t get me wrong, if money wasn’t an object I’d go with the m3 hands down…but the new GT is nice… my buddy just bought one and the thing is pretty damn quick for a 30k dollar car.