2009 G8 GT vs 2011 BMW M3 and 2001 Camaro SS

I met up with a few friends last night to hang out at the local cruising spots. Looked like it was going to be a great night since the weather cleared and there was no rain in the forecast. Early on there were quite a few cars out, but not as many as I had expected. As the night went on, the number of cars decreased drastically and soon there were just a few people hanging out here and there.

I ended up running into a guy I know that has a 2011 BMW M3 coupe, 6-speed. Last time we hung out my car was stock, so there was no real point in racing, but now with my mods I figured I’d hang alot better with his car. He was all for a friendly run and we headed out almost immediately to line 'em up.

His car is 100% stock except for some very minor appearance mods:

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/ScreaminRedZ/IMG_3559.jpg

My car has a cai, long tube headers, exhaust, underdrive pulley, and a tune:

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/ScreaminRedZ/2009G8GT.jpg

We each had a passenger and the race was from a 40 mph roll with both cars in 2nd gear. M3 let out at 130 mph.

youtu.be/WAaOAd6Bgws

NOTE Yes, I realize it was stupid to pass that car going that fast. Got caught up in the moment and it’s not something I make a habit of.

I have to say, that M3 is a beautiful car all around. I honestly expected the race to be close down low, with him walking up top. I can’t say whether he’s a good driver or not since I’ve never been in the car with him, but afterward he said that he figured it was gonna be a good run so he was shifting for all he had.

A bit later on I was cruising around with the guy who filmed the M3 race for me. He has a 2001 Camaro SS, 6-speed. The only mod on the car is an off road y-pipe.

By this time it was pretty late and there were no other cars around so we figured we’d line our cars up. Neither of us had a passenger, so unfortunately there’s no video of the races.

Both races were from 45 mph, with both cars in 2nd gear.

The first race he honked it off and we got a clean start. The cars were neck and neck at first and then I slowly started creeping out on him. By 120 mph I was about a car in front when we let out.

The second race he honked it off again and we hammered it at the same time. It looked like a mirror image of the first race, with us even at first and then me slowly pulling. By 120 I was out a car, but with plenty of road left we stayed in it and I kept pulling. I was able to pull another 1.5 cars and we let out around 140-145 mph with me around 2.5 cars in front.

His car seems to run strong for a basically stock car, and he use to run door to door with another friend’s lid/catback WS6 that was a consistent 12.7 @ 109 mph car.

Very fun night, especially considering that we all thought the weekend was gonna be a bust due to weather :beer

Your videos are always good. Congrats man your car moves

damn, thats sweet… vids are always good… the car def moves out

Nice. I had a run in with one of those M3’s a couple months back, he booted it from a stop sign and I decided to take chase… long story short, I came up to the back of him and had to keep letting off… unfortunately there were cars coming the other way or else I would have went around him. Still ran much better than I was expecting. <— Cool story, bro.

Thanks for the comments, I had a blast!