1995 bmw m3

Well i purchased the car a couple months ago. Its a 95 m3, 100k, in pretty nice condition. I really couldnt decide which way to go with it, i was just happy to have a reliable car, since ive had bad luck blowing up my hondas.

I took the car to the track 2 days after buying it lol, i wanted a general idea of how it ran. First run went, 14.8, second run, 14.6, 3rd run, 14.4, and fourth run 14.3, all were right about 95-97mph, i didnt think it was to bad for being all stock except for a light weight flywheel. I went up the next week to the next test and tune, and , got 2 runs, a 14.3, and a 14.1, again right aroung 95-96 mph. My only real goal with the car was to break into the 13’s, well the next week with the removal of the spare tire(lol), and a gallon of vp race gas, the car went 13.89 , i was ecstatic. I couldnt decide where to go, at this point i had just got rid of my cursed civic, and i had two honda motors sitting in the garage. I got excited about the 13’s , so i ordered a k&n intake system, for it, 250 later, i got a nice throaty sound, and maybe a couple extra horses, next came the nitrous. Against my better judgement , and everything people told me, me and my friend, with the help of dennis and jay at hybrid strapped a nitrous kit on the bimmer. Then to the dyno, we did a couple baseline runs, on just the motor to my surprise, it made 223whp and 237tq, which was not to bad considering i thought it would be about 215. Then came the nitrous, first run, with a 65 shot, make 266whp, but pegged out the wideband, car was running extremely rich, we swapped out the jets, with some extras dennis had laying around, somewhere around a 75-80 shot, the best numbers of the night were 289whp and 301 tq. , still pig rich, i think with a good tune on it , it could get close to the 300whp mark which was my goal all along, a 300whp daily driver (being as the civic that made 300hp wasnt reliable, i was happy to have a reliable car), from here im going to be going to the test and tune this up coming weekend, hopefully breakin into the mid 13’s. I might be upping the nitrous to a 100 shot next week, not sure yet, i would like to really get into the car and turbo it, but we’ll see how the budget goes in winter time, while trying to build another civic. Let me know what you think about the car or if you have any info that might be helpful id appreciate it im trying to learn as much as a can, beemer forums arent to helpful, if you see me out say hey, always interested in new people hopefully see some of you at the test n tune this weekend, sorry for the sloppy thread ive never been good with these , just got bored and thought id share the m3. thanks the car up miracle mile dennis and jay working on it up hybrid strapped on the dyno ![http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee347/turbob162008/photo5645.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee347/turbob162008/photo13.jpg](http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee347/turbob162008/photo5645.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee347/turbob162008/photo13.jpg) Thanks goes to Dennis and Jay at hybrid, and my friends steve (spoolin steve) , they all did an excellent job helping me with the car.

that things needs some baller rims on it . haha. Nice dyno numbers with that spray. Maybe you can beat that turbo civic now. :doh:

nice car. seen it in monroeville cruising around. seems lke your making quick progress with it.

lol i know i need some rims, lowered and an exhaust, where you beeeen? you coming up miracle mile tonight?

thanks, ya i live out in plum im out every night, its come along pretty quick, luckily its all holding together good, hopefully i can work something out with the 100 shot and meet my goal but we’ll see how it runs at the track

http://edgemotorworks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=55

thanks man, looks like a pretty good website, i appreciate it

with the 70 shot, and street tires, stock exhaust etc. the car went 12.93 @ 110mph this past weekend at tnt, pushing it to a 100shot on thursday up at hybrid, and then back to the last tnt of the year this upcoming weekend

Congrats on 12’s. I got to see you run up at prp!

Nice, that thing is quick.

Watch the inadvertent 4-3 shift, when going for 5th. I’ve heard it’s not an uncommon problem when the linkage gets worn. Unlike a turd DSM or Honda tranny, the BMW tranny will allow you go slot into 3rd quite easily despite the very high RPMs, and when you dump the clutch and hit the gas…well, it’s not good.

i love it

The 2-3-2 or 3-4-3 shift is know as the “money shift” in the E36 world, and that’s not meant in a good way. 9 times out of 10 a worn-out/broken tranny mount is the culprit (one of the things listed in the link I gave above).

-TJ

thanks guys, lazylaser you were up there? , so far i havent had any issues with the shifting, i almost did it the one time, but i caught it right before it really engaged, idk what the car is going to run this weekend it suprises me every time i take it out, i decided to get out of the honda world for good now, and focus on the m3, im hoping to have something put together for next track season possibly involving a 35r but we’ll see how everything goes, does anyone know where i can get a set of forged internals? everything i see on posts and magazine articles people had custom pistons made i was hoping osmeone would have a set already made

jason, lazylazer was the black 2g with dark wheels and purple badging on the side that i spoke with for a little.

oh the 12.6 one

you mean denis and James, jay is in florida now

i apologize, james

well we couldnt do a true 100 shot because the fuel pressure ran out, and my bottle was almost empty because i couldnt get it filled before the dyno runs, but it made 296whp and 298wtq on roughly an 80ish shot, we’ll see how tnt goes hopefully 12.7 but we’ll see

the bigger shot of nitrous proved to be useless, i ran my first run a 13.2 @ 107mph,i think the car was running to lean and the computer was pulling timing to save the motor and i was losing power so i switched out the jets to the smaller shot, and went for run #2, run to ran a best of 12.84 @105, thats been my fastest e/t but my trap speed was 5mph lower than when i ran the 12.9@110mph, im guessing i might have been running a little lean thats why my traps were down im not sure. so i kept it exactly the same for run #3, i ran a 12.83@105mph,so far this the 70 shot, i ran 13.07,13.06,12.93,12.84,12.83, ive been consistently getting better each run but i have a feeling the car is maxed out for the mods it has i might be able to squeeze a 12.7 but im not sure

turbo kit

If you’re consistently going lean on the spray that is ALL BAD. Stop it. Really.

Anyway, not that it hasn’t been done with some level of success but why the hell are you making drag-racing the goal, and measure of performance for an E36 M3?!?!?!

Take that thing to a track, and I mean a real track with bends 'n turns. You’ve got BeaveRun out there, I guarantee after some road course track time you’ll forget all about drag racing the ///M. They really are wonderfully balanced, amazingly fun fast cars on a road course (or AutoX).

The last track day I was at a well prepped E36 was actually the only car that could hang with me through the esses and some other turns at Infineon. I could run away from him with power, but I spent a few laps short-shifting and just running with him and his corner speed and balance through the esses was impressive. We were passing the F430 (driven by a seasoned track day driver with several top-notch driving schools under his belt) and GT3s (driven by various levels of drivers, none as good as the F430 driver though) in our group. When I went all-out I could put a lap on him in a full session, but nearly all of that advantage was HP not handling. I had a bit more ultimate grip in the carousel (to be expected when I was on 295 - 305 tires front - rear and he ran 255’s square), but all of the transition sections his car was at least as good as mine.

Just my $0.02

-TJ