CTS-V > E92 M3

Had a 3 series pace me on the hwy and thought nothing of it till it got along my side and I saw the vents. I ducked in front and took my off ramp and he followed.
I slowed to get some room from the cars in front and then proceeded to take the off ramp. He followed well and then after exiting he swung wide and mashed it. I dropped to third and caught him and pulled him. Then we both shut it down.
Too much traffic for another run but he did a nice fly by before we went our separate ways.
Great looking/sounding car.
Pretty happy with my car right now after some recent mods.

that poor m3 had no chance! I can run those all day. Good one! Last time i ran one he did the fly by got in front and brake checked me. Those ///M drivers don’t like loosing…

losing*

I am confused; based on your name I assume you have a 5 series, but you are snubbing M’s and saying you can run them.
I really like BMWs and almost bought one.

Had a e90 (4 door?) 335x jump me at a light this morning and ran him down.

Nice kill Ron. Still want to see what youve done to the car!

WAIT… your 550 hp car beat a 400 hp car? no wayyyyyyyyy

I need better videos and photos, but some appearance stuff and an intake and exhaust. I might be in town next weekend if there are any get togethers.

Obliviously not utilizing the no-lift shift :slight_smile:

Ive heard this so many times… you guys really need to come up with something new. 4 door luxury sedan vs. 2 door small M3 im sure the power to weight ratio is much closer.

Car is looking sharp Ron, I wont be back in Buffalo till the end of July but I sure would like to line up against that monster.

Yep my 4,200 lb $64k msrp beat a 3,700 lb $60k msrp vehicle.

The torque comparison would have been a better for your point; 294 vs 550.

It was a fun race with a 20/30 something guy with a good attitude and a sweet car. Sounded great reving past 8k

m3’s run like what low 13’s high 12’s… of course you’ll win.

I was just dickin around though… I’m a big fan of both cars.

The comparo last year between the $30,000 Mustang and the M3 with the special “performance” wheel and tire package was pretty funny. I think it was Motor Trend maybe.
the M3’s raw numbers really aren’t too impressive but…

Nice kill, it would have been better if it were the wagon. LOL

x…

That is what I assumed, but then I thought maybe your BMW was rubbing off on you.
Stock for stock the V is probably close to a second quicker, but that is why you line them up. Because you never know what is really under the hood.

I had a 3 differnet 5 series now i have a 3. Snubbing? I have run them and won. And uh oh watch out for the grammar police!

You need a new camera. Fred Flintstone would have done a better job with a slab of marble and a chisel

Agreed and I have a better camera, just didn’t have it with me.
I sort of threw this all together Tuesday: worked 10 hours, drove 7 hours round trip to get the exhaust, took off the stock exhaust at 3am, slept for 3 hours, watched a parade, put the new exhaust on, did a couple runs to heat it up to check expansion and someone had their iphone handy.

Once I get some better shots I will start a new thread.

M3’s aren’t fast in a straight line.

e90 M3’s run around 12.5 @ 114ish. Not really slow, but no they aren’t meant to be straight line monsters.

Nice kill. I’d expect the V to be faster than the M3. I’d be more impressed if the Caddy could best the M3 around the Nurburgring. Anybody know? I think the V recorded 7:59.32

8:05 BMW M3 E92

This thread makes me want spring to come that much sooner.