2011 mustang details leak - moar power plz

looks like everybody who got the new mustang is going to be: :fu:

about time it got the power to take on the camaro.

the :picard: is that it looks like the ecoboost won’t be in the mustang.

Some potential future Mustang news comes by way of an internet forum user who calls himself TheInsider. With a handle like that, he must know what he’s talking about, right? We kid. But some of the rumors he spills gives with what we’ve been hearing too. In any case, this source tells the masses at The Mustang Source that the 2011 Mustang’s 3.7-liter V6 will be rated at 315 horsepower, neatly outperforming the direct-injected 3.6-liter unit installed in the Chevrolet Camaro by a handful of ponies. But wait, there’s more!

Moving up the power ladder a step, the 2011 GT will see a bump up to an even 400 horsepower, which we’re expecting to come from the 5.0-liter Coyote V8, and those horses will be corralled though a new six-speed manual gearbox. Unfortunately, because the base V6 will sport so much additional power, the mooted EcoBoost model may never come to fruition.

As we’ve previously heard, rumor has it that the '11 Stang with the new Coyote V8 and Track Pack with Pirelli P Zero Corsa R tires was able to lap GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, Michigan at the same rate as a current BMW M3 – fine company indeed. The final two insights of note are that next year’s GT500 will be blessed with an aluminum block and that a Boss edition is slated for 2012. Not surprisingly, six pages have accrued on the thread since yesterday morning. Click here to check out the banter in its entirety.

That’s a pretty good amount of power for both the V6 and V8…

Exciting news…'bout time they added some power to these cars. I wonder if the term Coyote has any retroish-reference to the Fox 5.0???

Damn, the mustang is getting some serious power out of the box. Almost makes me angry, haha.

hmm impressive. IB4 its still a mustang.

i still think ford should step up to bigger motors w/o superchargers. like bringing back a 428 cobra jet edition or a motor of that size. i think the older crowd would love that. but regardless its nice to see another motor with more power added to the fleet

I think 400hp in that body will be a nice ride. I’ve always felt the new body style was underpowered. Way to go Ford. :tup:

surprised they would bump the power up a year after a redesign. These cars have been begging for at least a 5.0 forever.

Even at 315 or whatever the current GT is at the thing moves out pretty well. 400 would obviously be better, but I’ve been rather impressed with how well rounded the new Mustang is from a performance standpoint.

*all this based on reviews I’ve read.

Thats a body redesign… the motor has been around for a little while now, right?

It has to have been, it seems like all of these “current” V8 designs are from OLD roots. I do not know anything about this new motor though, but I want to see what it has to offer when enthusiasts get their hands on it!

The 4.6 3 Valve motor is a great motor for boost. People are making pretty amazing power with them when built properly.

my 2002 Mustang GT made 215 rwhp stock

:tup: about time Ford

If this actually happens I may be parking a new black 5.0 next to my old black 5.0. I cant wait I fell in love with the s197 body style since day 1. Its just always been missing that little extra oomph for me to justify the price but if this motor actually happens its going to be super tempting lol.

eff that noise…

you got the big red papa in the garage :wink:

hahaha yeah the termi doesn’t move it only sees sunny days and you can eat off of the engine bay lol. you think he would let me drive that ha. Since he bought it I think I’ve driven it 4 times ha. And the funny thing is hes going in for foot surgery in the end of September so he said hes taking it off the road until maybe june.:tdown: I really just need to get my own termi and move up to the big leagues

:tup:Ford!

about time!

Gotta love hp wars

This news has been out for a couple weeks on the ford forums, I’m sure there will be some mustang vs camaro rematches with the new power, but I got a feeling that GM already has more power instore for the catfish