2011 Superbike Smackdown VIII Track Shootout

I took the Level 1 & 2 two day camp. It was worth it, for me, mainly I get to track the BMW for 2 days with essentially no track traffic and I pick up a lot since I was so new to riding. As much as I like to read up on theories, it really helps when it is paired with practice simultaneously in a controlled environment. I plan to do level 3 & 4 but will not be the 2 day camp and using my SV instead.

I was asked before when I still have my EX250 if it was worth doing track days on such a slow bike. The little experience I have tracking that bike gave me enough confidence to hop on to a liter bike for the first time let alone a 190hp BMW without giving it a second thought and be comfortable on it at track pace, and that expericence got me thinking about racing afterwards. If I didn’t spent all the money on doing all that, I would probably be on a brand new 2011 ZX-10R now :lol, but I would choose the same path if had to do it all over again.

I think more experienced riders tended to be a bit reluctant about doing riding schools, but the truth is a lot Pro’s, even in WSBKJ and MotoGP, still get coached everyday about their riding; So I think it is beneficial no matter how experienced you are. One way or the other, I don’t think that is something you should get talked into or out-of. :thumbup