2011 Superbike Smackdown VIII Track Shootout

http://i.imgur.com/HS4xu.jpg

:excited:excited:excited:excited:excited:excited

Enjoy!!! :lol:lol

Mannnnnn I want a Ducati lol

For some reason I like the KTM RC8R…

I will own that BMW one day.

And never ride it :ohnoes

I think the ZX10R would have done much better if it is the non US spec vesrion, which is down by 20+hp. The CBR is really something. Notice the time difference between a “fast” rider and a pro? 3~5 secs a lap…:lol

My 08 ZX10R makes 7 more WHP then a stock 2011, that makes me happy LOL

What’s the magazine 1/4 time for BMW? high 9’s?

The 2010 ran 9.681 @ 150.4mph

And as far as I know it was very small changes to the 2011 and the motor is exactly the same. (not 100% on that)

Yeah that’s what the article said (change wise)

That is pure lunacy. I <3 it.

You’re obviously liking your Zx10 as of late.

Looks wise BMW is growing on me, but the direction most of the manufacturers are going is quite odd.

Except Ducati and Suzuki, Italians always know how to make a bike pretty, and Suzuki thinks if it ain’t broke dont fix it.

Yeah I love the ZX10, the 2010 ran a 9.8 in the 1/4 and with the exhaust, PC-V, filter and XTRE I make more power which is crazy LOL…Kawi has stepped it up BIGTIME in the last 4 years.

To me it feels like Suzuki is giving up or they are planning something real drastic in the next year or two, they just aren’t competing as well as they used too.

Remember though, those are corrected times that are posted.

Suzuki had their share with running the most succeful line of super sports or the better part of the decade. As of late however as you’ve said, people want more and people want different.

Suzuki always appeals most to the non-rider/new comer with their looks and being best rounded in application. Seasoned vets look further for something with more edge.

I’m still in love with the R1. I love the feel of my 6 and from what the article said, the feel on the R1 was right up there with BMW… its lack of power was its only real downfall.

Our R6 is definitely no slouch in terms of SS, it was the bike to have for that generation.

The S1000RR is just pure psyco, period. The TC could use some refinement as you can definitely feel it cutting in and out, and the general consent is the S-Ktrac is a better system.

Chuckwalla is definitely a course for bikes with mid range, which reflected how the CBR won the superpole. They were only using 3rd at the longest straight with a 139mph top speed.

In a circuit like NJMP Thunderbolt, the bike will be at the limiter in 4th at the end of main straight.

I can’t believe how much more power the BMW puts down than the other bikes. I need to ride one of those this year.

Let us know when you do!

Would love to hear a first hand report about it.

Bike is unreal. You can sign up for CSS and you can ride one at track pace; See my sig :clap. Actually I am kind of curious about the Honda. :lol

That’s what you were on???

Where the hell do I sign up :excited

I remember when people completely dismissed the Honda because of the looks lol

Then they did it with the BMW

But now… who cares right? They’re great bikes.

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=17824

Rocket, do you think the CSS is worth the money? and which course did you take?

I feel like their introductory course would just be a repeat of everything in their book?