2011 Yamaha R6 Paint Scheme: SICK!

Not lacking quality but safety wise all helmets need to meet requirements, but you will pay more for top names because they have crazy designs on it, like SHOEI has its Troy Lee Designs lineup of helmets that are crazy expensive, yet a HJC that meets the same safety requirements and is a solid color is MUCH cheaper.

are they still offering the bike in a more tradition graphics package? If so… who cares. I sorta like the new paint schemes but it has to be in moderation.

Who is this “bias” guy I keep hearing about?

IMO, the gixxer had a better package for 2011 model year for a couple of hundred more, but no way I am spending close to 11~12k for a 6.

raven > *

My bike came with a tribal graphics package, and I’d love to get rid of it. I love the color scheme on these, just not the graphics. Luckily they’re not overly pronounced, so I don’t see that big of a deal. Mine is much worse, ha.

Agreed. Miss my old Raven. Would buy another.

Nick buy a Honda :lol

No way mang. Yamaha FTW. Not to mention…I never ride my bike.

yeah well that needs to change, when the weathers nice again ill come out so we can do some more rides like the one where we got lost trying to find a gas station :thumbup lol

Honda also has the Phoenix edition and they had the Lola edition with the chic in the graphics… I liked the Lola one not the 08 graffiti or 09 phoenix. I htink the phoenix had like a gucci pattern or whatever its called on it too lol…

Heres some pics I found on Google images…

Both of those are really:gay2

The Lola was a really limited production I believe, Regardless of whatever the graphics are I like the Black with the Pearl white paint. Its one of those things where if you see it person it looks alot better… I know a guy who has one and you cant even tell its a chick in the graphic most of the time haha

If being dressed up in riding gear on a crotch rocket in a sea of cars isn’t flashy enough for ya, here is the solution!

Those graphics are the equivalent of rice graphics on cars, I still stand by that.

I understand what your saying… Im just saying out of all em that the Lola isnt as bad as the others… That is all, But if your talking about any kind of graphics at all I disagree I believe certain things are need to break up colors and what not, But im sure your point was like the tribals and and graffiti etc.

Call me when you see a Ferrari or Lamborghini or Ducati having any sort of graphics to break up the factory one color. Occasional racing stripes and model insignia excluding.

I get why the Japanese manufacturers are going with this, but there are better ways to set yourself apart plus the non riders that think that those graphics are cool are the same people who already want the bike as a status symbol, hence no point in them.

Manufacturers have been breaking up colors successfully by contrasting colors of wheels, frame and fairings.

hey asshole I have the phoenix. LOL. The graphics kill me but I liked the way the honda felt when I sat on it and the phoenix was the only way I could get it in white. I am going to take off the graphics at some point this year. I just have to find someone who wont kill me on a price to take the stickers off the tank and then re clear the tank.

Riding gear?

90% of the dudes riding those bikes wear corona cutoffs, shorts, and sandals. Supersquidly. :retardclap

Jap bikes have had graphics as far back as I can remember. Maybe not tribal or graphiti, but there are still graphics on the bikes. Even factory Ducati has graphics:

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/jpg/200610/2007-ducati-999s-team-usaw.jpg

Solid color bikes look off to me.

All of what is in this thread is 100% opinion and just because someone may have graphiti/tribal grapics on their bike does not mean anything as far as riders ability or performance. I’m sure Josh Hayes has a brand new one of these and no one would question his graphics.

FWIW, I just liked the color scheme of this bike and didn’t even really notice the “tribal” decals until it was mentioned.