2012 Camaro ZL1

"
At this point, specifications are still preliminary, but Chevrolet is estimating that its supercharged and intercooled 6.2-liter LSA V8 engine will put out around 550 horsepower and 550 pound-feet of torque. Those ponies will be sent to the rear wheels via a six-speed manual transmission using a dual-disc clutch that’s necessary to properly harness all those horses. There’s also a dual-mode exhaust system that alters the sound level and character in response to engine rpm."

sounds like this is GM’s F-You to the 2011 5.0.

Its not an ls so therefor you cant fucking talk about it.

Im sure it is an lsx im just a Gm phail.

what? its a LSA 6.2 = LS3

they pushed it back another yr and renamed it lolol . this was suposed to be the z-28

you and earngotti are going to be realll close. the 2012 SRT-8 looks like a Evo X. Exactly…

z28 is still coming out I think.

It makes since for this to replace it tho since the z28 was going to be “550 hp”. It didnt make since in history or in sales to have the Z28 a higher model then the SS. So, whats higher then the SS? The ZL1. Makes perfect since.

the z was the all buisness end of it though . the ss was for the showoff fanboi,s

not in 67/69…dont forget, thats what these 5th gens are based off.

I loveeeeeee the new SRT charge theyre fucking gorgeous in my opinion.

Low 12’s stock on street tires. Kinda want.

LOL at needing a twin-disk clutch for 550 lb ft. My single-disk held 643 ft lbs to the wheels perfectly fine. Assuming 20% drivetrain loss, that’s around 804 at the crank.

you do realize that, that opens to doors to getting retarded power out of the stock drivetrain right? Just a pully swap and tune and that car will be over 600rwhp.

I dont really see your point here? I have a Ram powergrip hd clutch and it doesnt skip a beat with my 630+rwtq. Its not if It can, or will…its How long. Hands down a twin disk will last much longer then a single in high power levels, will it not?

Needs a blower and 6.2L to get it done huh, that sucks! :lol. Im gonna bet an average bolt on 5.0 with a little spray will hang doors all day long!

Sounds like a scaled back and smaller pullied version of the ZR1 and the LS9…I haven’t read motor specs yet though.

And it begins.

thats funny. The same thing could be said about the Cobra and GT500.

and you KNOW a cam only LS7 makes the same power as that so dont be dumb!

Didnt realize that camaro’s came with a LS7…

The big thing that the GM guys always went to is that Ford needed FI, and low and behold, here is GM using FI to try to keep up with Ford!

lol whatever helps you sleep at night…

Likewise bitchass! Dont worry, this camaro too shall fail hard :rofl :tongue

Your 643 ft lbs did not have a 5 year/100k mile powertrain warranty