2013 Nissan GTR... Hybrid

http://www.nissanpedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/2013-nissan-gtr.jpg

"If we told you there was a variant of the iconic Nissan GT-R putting out around 600 horsepower, gobs of weight-saving technology and fuel economy that can hit 25-30 mpg on the highway would you be interested? What if we told you that the added power came via the same 160 hp electric motor that rested beneath the beautiful sheetmetal of the Infiniti Essence concept at last year’s Geneva Motor Show?

The crew at Inside Line are reporting that the hybrid-powered Nissan GT-R is a real possibility for production, complete with the current model’s 3.8-liter twin-turbocharged V6 and a battery pack for greenification. Weight savings is of paramount importance, and Nissan plans to throw every trick in the book at the hybrid GT-R, although we’d wager that the gas-electric variant will still weigh more than the deceptively porky model in showrooms now. Of course, Nissan wouldn’t be interested in a vehicle with less performance than the current model so any hybrid-equipped GT-R would have to at least match Godzilla’s numbers." LINK

Much better looking IMO, but this is just a render someone made off of the Infinity Essence concept:

http://novarider.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/infiniti-essence-01.jpg

Maybe it will also have a variant of the Essence dashboard which blows my mind:

http://img.worldcarfans.com/2009/3/large/infiniti-essence-concept_31.jpg

whoa. that dash is busy, but pretty cool lookin

+1 I’m not sure if it is too much to comprehend while driving!

I like it.

I like it…

Tits.

If you use launch control, will it void the factory warranty?
:danny:

Launch Control was pulled from the current GTR

lol shows how much I keep up on current information. :tup:

And yes, the concept looks so much better than current GT-R.

that dash is nice. i’m surprised no one came up with the “watch” look sooner.

Lexus IS300 dash from years ago:

truedat

Hmm. It must not have shredded enough transmissions before. The instant torque of an electric motor oughta fix that. :tup:

I wonder if the electric drive would be the only thing powering the front wheels and the mechanical drive line would handle the RWD duty. I might be thinking of the R8 but doesn’t a very small portion of the power got to the front wheels?

the dash is sex but I still dont like the gtr…

I know %30 of the power goes to the front wheels on the r8 not sure if the gtr is the same.

The GTR’s split is variable and goes from 50/50 to 0/100 and anything in between. Not sure how a hybrid drivetrain would work out in this car. I’d imagine they could drive each wheel with an individual electric motor.

With all this effort put towards hybrids I am still hoping to see the KERS system put to place in modern cars. I know BMW is developing this and I think Toyota is as well. Could you imagine how much fun we could have with instant free 80 hp??

Wow, that concept looks so much better than the current real thing…

Definitely! Looks more Italian which equals sex