2014/2015 Snowmobile Season Thread

Hearing some rumblings about some of the southern tier clubs possibly opening by the weekend. If that’s the case we’ll probably head down there to get some first miles of the season on. Don’t really want to head all the way to Tug Hill after having my sled torn down so far and no shakedown miles on it yet.

Fluffy snow and frozen ground will suck.

That’s all I have as of now in Andover.

Holland, Boston, Folsomdale, Marilla are all open. Guess i’ll stop by the DMV and register on the way home with the extended outlook looking like it will stay cold. I was starting to think I would just skip it this year haha.

You missed a couple:

Colden
Folsom
Boston
Hamburg
Holland
Marilla
Snow Bounders

All open limited

If you guys go out tonight stay safe. Its always a gamble the first ride with joe blow sno-cross racers. Also watch out for frozen hay bales.

Anyone interested in meeting up for a ride Saturday morning, 10am or so? My regular riding buddy has been slacking this year and his sled still isn’t ready so I’ve got an empty spot on my 2 place open trailer. Going to drop as far north as possible, which right now is Alden Lanes on Broadway.

If you drop at Alden lanes let me know. I live on Cary at Two Rod, about 5 minutes down the trail from there. I have some things going on in the afternoon so can’t take a super long ride, but I can ride with you long enough for you to feel confident after having everything apart on yours.

I tried to go out last night, battery was dead. With it being so cold out it won’t take a charge at all. It kind of seemed like it was getting weak anyway so going to buy a new one on the way home. Sucks, it was only two years old. :confused:

:tup: Sounds great. I wasn’t planning on doing a real long ride, just want to get out and see how the new track feels, give her a good shakedown cruise and just get some miles on because it’s been too long.

I / we might cruise out from Rochester and join you. Sent a PM.

Yeah might be game for that on Saturday.

Sounds good. I was going to drop at Alden Lanes around 10am but that’s not set in stone. That too early for you guys? I just have to be back at my house in Williamsville by 4:30.

I do remember seeing something that said no parking @ Kwik Fill this year on Two Rod and Clinton. This was posted to Marilla’s trail FB page.

Ok I just talked to Dan rimbeck the new owner and he said " Yes just tell them to line up on the left and to keep as tight together as they can" happy new year everyone!!!

Just a heads up for you guys parking at the lanes :tup:

I live right off Three Rod about 3 minutes from you. My backyard is the cornfield you cross over heading toward Tops/Whistle Stop.
I will be out all weekend, let me know if 10am holds for Saturday.

Yes, Kwik Fill is closed for parking this year due to car wash construction. The Lanes has a huge parking lot, it should work out good.

Alden Lanes is only about 30 minutes from my house so until NESS opens up and I can start at the Farmer’s Market in Clarence that’s probably my closest option.

hope the wind doesn’t leave too many thin spots for you.

already reports of less than 3" in spots across fields… sucks but its a start i guess

Which clubs? Excuse the ignorance never ridden out there, is it a lot of open field riding?

I’m not too worried, we’ve got a general snowfall hitting tonight then a bunch more lake effect that’s supposed to hit Friday. By Saturday it should be pretty good riding based on what we have now. Will it be perfect? No, riding in WNY almost never is. If you want perfect go spend the big bucks to trailer up to Quebec.

http://www.wgrz.com/story/weather/storm-team-2/2015/01/02/winter-weather-advisory--high-winds/21200953/

Marilla SnoMob…there is a decent amount of open field riding that always gets pretty wind blown. With the light snowfall and heavy winds we have had I can imagine there are more than a few barespots.

But yes there looks to be some more white stuff coming so we should be good for the weekend.