2014 Corvette/C7

If I was driving this car, I wouldn’t use any gear past 4th…unless i was on the highway

1989 when the first generation ZR-1 came out. It sent a shockwave through the European exotic community.

I like it.

I feel like most corvettes are pretty appealing when they are “new” however once the new generation comes along, the old ones seem really dated. They just don’t seem to age well.

X…

Very true. Probably because you see so goddamn many of them.

I think it looks great, I’m not sold on the rear bumper treatment but that may change after seeing one in person.

X2.

I bet it can’t turn and the interior sucks…

Seats are looking better than before, as for the rest of the car and interior “quality” I will reserve judgement until I can see it in person.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/gallery/data/789/medium/IMG_6940.JPG

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/gallery/data/789/medium/IMG_69371.JPG

Red leather: not looking good since forever.

You guys stole my thunder… I had a whole thread ready to go!! More pictures from the autoshow of the real car please… BigRon, Jeller if you can please send them out. I would love to see them!

I stole them from here: Revealed: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray | GM Inside News Forum

Your not making the trip? I should have my recap next week some time, unless someone gives me supplier tickets.
What show are they planning on revealing the Chevy SS?

Really like the looks until you get the the Camaro tail lights. Why is it that every modern Vette it seems like the design guys start in the front and by the time they get to the back bumper the A.D.D. kicks in and they just lop off the mold and go play with some other shiny thing?

And seriously… You guys are bitching about having to shift an extra gear? Do any of you even own manuals? Ever driven a car with more than double digit torque? I can’t remember the last time I shifted 1-2-3-4-5-6 in the GTO when just cruising around. More like 1-3-6, or that “almost complete stop” at a stop sign where you roll 2nd to 4th in 30mph residential stop and go. Or in a hurry and wind out 1st and a little of 2nd then shift to 6th in a 45 zone where you cruise 53. This isn’t some torque-less Honda that can’t get out of it’s own way without getting into vtec la-la-land.

I do so much driving in 35 zones I’d bet my 4th gear has about 1/8th the engagements as 5th since I shift 1-3-5 a TON.

Called design language, the Malibu has a similar tail light treatment as well. When you can make your halo car resemble your more reasonable offering, it should correlate to increased sales.

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
Performance
Features and Options
Data

Engine
Horsepower / Torque
Fuel delivery
Compression ratio
Manual Transmission
Automatic Transmission
Chassis

LT1 6.2L V-8
450 / 450 (estimated)
Direct Injection
11.5:1
7-speed with Active Rev Match
6-speed paddle-shift
Std, Z51, Z51 with
Magnetic Selective Ride

Tires

Wheels

Three Available Option Groups
Available Roof Options

Michelin Pilot Sport ZP
run-flat
18" front / 19" rear,
19" front / 20" rear (Z51)
1LT, 2LT, 3LT
Painted Carbon Fiber,
Visible Carbon Fiber,
Transparent

Wheelbase (in/mm)
Overall length (in/mm)
Overall width (in/mm)
Overall height (in/mm)
Weight distribution (%)
Track (in)
Brake Diameter (in)

106.7 / 2710
177 / 4495
73.9 / 1877
48.6 / 1235
50 / 50 (front/rear)
62.8 / 61.6 (front/rear)
12.6 (13.6 Z51) (front),
13.3 (rear)

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

I don’t know but if I find out I will pass that along. I would be there with you but I am taking a vacation soon and South Carolina should be a little more enjoyable than Detroit in January. :slight_smile:

I don’t know what you are saying, it was 60 degrees on Saturday and I was running in shorts and washing the cars.

I am waiting to see what those estimated numbers end up being, but 400 ft/lbs at 2k rpms should launch quite nicely.

Edit: Feb 21st for Chevy SS production reveal

Man, if only STM tuned these things…

I was always going 1-4-6 in mine, in 6th at about 35mph. I actually LOVED that 1-4 skip shift feature. I once pulled away from a toll booth and the car seemed “off” to me. Looked down and I was in 3rd instead of 1st.

I like it.

Car looks great. I think they did a really nice job of keeping with some of the heritage of the car, but bringing in a more progressive look.
I love the back end and it doesn’t look like a Camaro. Should there be a resemblance? Sure, they have been doing that forever. When you see those cars side by side, you’ll notice how different they really are. Good job GM.