2016 BMW 750i xDrive

Generally speaking, I like things that feel like toys. Lightweight, tight feeling manual transmission cars.
I often think about “If i won’t the lottery, what would be the first car I’d go out and buy?”

I’m pretty certain its this.

http://icdn3.digitaltrends.com/image/2016-bmw-750i-xdrive-0018-640x427-c.jpg

brb using hand gestures to control everything in the car
brb charging my phone wirelessly
brb my suspensions using sat nav to check out the topography in front of me to soften/stiffen
brb checking my fuel range and some other goofy options on my touchscreen key (wtf?)

heres one of many articles stating all its crazy technology features. my gf bought me a subscription to a magazine that I saw it in but can’t remember wtf magazine it is…road&track/motortrend/c&d and really don’t remember.

and it moves. 0-60 in 4.3 and a low12s 1/4. not bad a for boat.

or you could wait 2 years and just buy it for 50% off sticker price LOL

really though I would expect someone who buys a car like that to also have a driver on payroll…

I was just talking about this with some friends the other day. First car would be something like a Ferrari 488 but that wouldn’t make a great daily. My daily would definitely be some German uber sedan. BMW 750ix, Audi S8, MB AMG something etc.

I’d rather have an SUV than a sedan that size. X5M would be pretty high up on the list for me.

Honestly, the million gadgets on that car are sort of “meh” for me. The performance aspects are GREAT though.

It’s probably been 5 years now, but I did the Factory Tour at BMW and I drove both the 750i and the X5M and preferred the X5M.

Interior and tech are amazing. Exterior styling is a bust for me.

I got to see this car first hand at the launch party last week. Super awesome car. Some of the tech is amazing. But like said previously, if I had one of these is want someone to drive me around.

Absolutely I’d have a weekend driver to go to dinner/drink. Rear seats have adjustable foot rest, heated arm rest, that crazy iPad thing blow coke off of and to control all the goofy options it doesn’t need. ugh. i love this thing.

M5///

+1 on the M5

If I won the lottery this would be sweet if someone else was driving me around in it but for something im driving M5 all the way

There’s too much new technology in these and I feel it was released too soon. I’ve already had to deal with several problems on one car.

The 7 series has been plagues with reliability issues, and toss in all of this “cutting edge” technology, no thanks. That said I do like that they are pushing some cool stuff.

Absolutley. For fucks sake (ffs). If I had fuck you money, this would be the fucking last car I’d buy. Drop six figures on something that any asshole can pick up a couple years later for pennies on the dollar. Plus, half the shit they advertise as being “luxury” is nothing but ambient changing lights on the sunroof and different odors being pumped through the hvac system.

I’m ALL ABOUT the automous driving tech, but they don’t mention a ton on that. If I was in the market to drop six figures on a fucking car, it better drive itself. /rant

insert Tesla P85

I don’t really understand people being worried about a brand new 7 series UNDER WARRANTY having issues.

If you won a bunch of money lease a 7 series and get rid of it after 2-3 years

Long term reliability issues is something you let car forum people deal with when they pick up high mileage euro cars to be ballin on budget.

Generally speaking, I like things that feel like toys. Lightweight, tight feeling manual transmission cars.

you want a manual but you would buy an automatic 7 serise?

I don’t get have the BMW love, the audi S8 in my opinion has always maintained a better interior and exterior styling but that is always subjective. The audi is also quite a bit faster with a factory 3.6 0-60 and if aftermarket is a concern there are a few guys making just under 1000hp on them already. how do they handle compared to each other? Who cares for the class they are in, since both have AWD you will not be left looking like an idiot in bad weather.

With all of that said the mercedes is fucking brilliant. AMG always stands on the alone at the top if you want to go fast, and the new interior in the S class is amazing. If you want to complain about high loss in value mercedes is the place to look, but I do believe you would be getting the best car possible for under a quarter mill

• Updated - - -

I would be upset if I had to take my care in several times for things going wrong every month. It is a lot of money to pay to purchase something that is improperly engineered or assembled. Stuff goes wrong and I get that, and if the fix is done in a reasonable time I would not care.

buddy of mine has 2 of these and an i8 from BMW and is coordinating test drives up near toronto airport. i tested the i8 the other day for about an hour.

had no interest in testing the 7 series because i’m not 80 years old.