Is this worth it?

For someone looking for a comfortable DD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-BMW-740i-SPORT-Navigation-Xenon-SunShades-DSC-CD_W0QQitemZ150133472140QQihZ005QQcategoryZ6009QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is maintenence on these a huge PITA? Or are they reliable?

Tx

for the most part… reliable…

but things are gonna go wrong, and maintenance can be a PITA at times and expensive… depending on what needs fixing.

eeeek, i wouldnt touch it with a 20ft pole. Its a beautiful car, but by no means reliable. I Personally wouldnt buy ANYTHING bmw with a automatic. they have issues. 7 Series also have alot of elctrical issues as well from what i remember. The price alone says alot, this is why these cars go for so cheap. Get a 5series with inline 6 and manual tranny and you will have minimal issues if any. good luck.

Oh how I love huge cars.:pimp:

i know of a much better deal (mine’s for sale for half the price)

no, but this is … 1 of 32…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-BMW-M540i-14-of-32-RARE-Canadian-collectors-car_W0QQitemZ120134182694QQihZ002QQcategoryZ133182QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

for some reason I have been window shopping BMWs this weekend.

edit, not original engine though…

my buddy matt just totalled his 328is :frowning: and is looking for something new…he was thinking 540i m6 how are those ?

Those are hot! Maintenence is $$$. I am sticking with Toyota myself…picking up a Lexus for next spring.

IMO, this car is not worth the money. They’re running between 14 and 18k at auction, and the long-term pattern failures will eat you alive. Among the pattern failures:

• secondary air problems due to the ports in the cylinder heads getting carboned up
  • ABS controllers and sensors
  • radiator cooling fans
  • electronically controlled thermostats
  • constant suspension arm and ball joint replacement
  • random electronic failures that can’t be diagnosed without spending at least $3500 on a scan tool

late model 7 series bimmers are nothing but problems, jason detailed them above. You can pick them up cheap, but there is a reason for that.