240 supsension

Just a quick question about struts and lowering springs.

I was planning on going with KYB AGX struts and either Koni or Apexi lowering springs, but I wanted to know if there was anything better. Bang for buck situation.
Ideally I’d save for coilovers but in my current situation I’d have to have to go with the struts and springs.

Just really wanted to get opinions from people who are running this setup, or if people have anything available for sale atm.

thanks

KYB GR2 worked well for me when i had them,with eibach springs.

unless you plan on keeping the strut and spring combo and tuneing with it i dont see the point of extra money for adjustables, if after all,you do want coilovers sometime in the future…

i didnt know koni sells springs for our cars?? Did you mean koni dampers?

Your best bang for buck is koni yellows + Ground control coilover sleeves with eibach ers race springs/tender springs. If you don’t want to be hardcore hardcore then just koni yellows with some eibach lowering springs… should make you comfortable plus outhandle china made coilovers on street and track while comfortable :wink:

Most on here will suggest megan racing and stance coilovers and that has to do with the fact thats been tried and true on here… plus they are no that badly priced but now a days their price is just no justified in my personal opinion… Anything <1000 thats JDM/taiwanDM/ChinaDM, is crap and not worth considering. You get what you pay for.

I had AGXs and imho they sucked… they get progressivly worse, they just cant handle that agressive long term driving.

Those that say koni yellows are ‘soft’ don’t know what dampers are suppose to do. Keep in mind the whole purpose of a damper is to do exactly that ‘dampen’ the shocks and road irregularities while controlling the spring and sprung/unsprung weight of the car.

People are also confused what dampers do. Higher Compression/bump dampening resists compression meaning it prevents the damper/spring from compression… it can resist body roll alongside the spring… spring should be doing that though. Rebound dampening resists spring return… so when the wheel is suppose to bounce back the damper can hold the energy and resist ‘rebound’ or return of the wheel/spring.

Most of these china dampers tend to have too much of either plus heavy spring rates… really bad no matter what you’re doing. They also tend to have very progressive dampening curves vs what ud want a more digressive valving. Basically the car will be harsh, it will not absorb bumps, it will oscillate/bounce, etc… Now i wont bore you with this stuff plus alot of ppl on here are quite sensitive when someone comes across with strong opinions like this but… I will just say do some research and make your decision.

If you’re a newb sure some megans and stances will do you fine on soft dampening settings… if you want a little more headway research into some koni yellows, ground control sleeves or just go with koni yellows and eibach lowering springs. You will not be dissapointed I gaurantee.

Cheers,

no, i’ll definately be upgrading to full coils in the future.

Thanks though for the suggestion.

Btw, how much of a drop did you get with the springs. I heard people getting 1.5-2in drops but i’m guessing it varies from spring to spring.

lol sorry I had it completely flipped… yea it was koni yellows that i was thinking about.

Thanks for the tip, I think I’ll definately check it out

If you want some reading material look through www.nissanroadracing.com :slight_smile: