koni yellows vs. ksport & tein coilovers...

which one is better?? i am looking at getting one for my car, just looking for opinions on what people have…

Umm the yellows are just the strut/shock assembly vs a full coilover, not really a fair comparison. That said the valving in Koni yellows kicks damn near everything else in the face.

Agreed, If you want tried and true get the Koni’s. Superior valving, capable of handling high spring rates, progressive and repeatable dampening adjustments…

thats what i want to get, i plan on getting either tein or eibach springs. i liked the price of the ksport, but i seen a test of them on the sentra site, and they were very inconsistent. the teins were better, but still not as good as the koni.

I’m looking for the thread one of the SCCA guys made a while back…talking about the actual dampening adjustability of the major brands. On the whole the JDM makers had limited adjustablility and were not consistent or repeateable (on a shock dyno). Koni’s did very well, and obviously companites like Moton and thier ilk did very very well. For the money, Koni/Ground Control setup (for your Se-R i assume) would be very well rounded and dependable. You can get custon spring rates (OTS Koni’s are safe up to about 800#) comparatively cheaply, have them revalved (go sp33 if you do), what more do you really need?

Dyingwish - That sounds like your talking about Sam Strano over on RPA. Shocks are his business, if anyone knows its him. If you wanna see actual data, flip through these slideshows real quick.

Civic related
http://www.koni-na.com/presentations/civic/

Mustang related
http://www.koni-na.com/presentations/mustang/

To see some other random stuff they provide.
http://www.koni-na.com/tools/

yeah, all i want is a nice handling ride. i know koni’s are great, im just debating on springs…

Oh yea you did ask about springs lol. If those where what I was looking at I’d just go with Eibachs. I’ve had their springs in both street spring and coilover form, no complaints.

i have the eibach sportlines on my si rides just like stock but handles the bends alot better

once koni releases there yellows im going to get them i thought about just going with the tein ss’s but alot of si guys had a ton of noise issues with them

im going to order them this week, koni’s and eibach springs. ill post some pics when done…

[QUOTE=Habib88;563337]Dyingwish - That sounds like your talking about Sam Strano over on RPA. Shocks are his business, if anyone knows its him. If you wanna see actual data, flip through these slideshows real quick.

Actually I had a few conversations with Sam, just before I bought my Koni’s. He actually quote some of the stuff I was referring to, about shock dyno reproduceability and the like. Pretty interesting stuff, sort of weeds out the hype about suspension companies

04se-r: Are you buying the OTS Koni’s or sp33 re-valved ones? The reason I ask is it sounds like the sp33’s are overkill for what you want, might as well save the cash.

I’ve seen that link on evolutionm.net, the author talks about a whole lot of things regarding shocks and which ones are the best, he said the best for the money are bilstein and koni’s. I forget what were the pros and cons of both, but these were the one’s that he would recommend. All the japanese coilover makers had extreme amounts of crosstalk with regards to rebound and dampening. He basically said that they were all crap. I’ll try and find the link.
As for which to get i would go with koni’s, and a set of custom springs maybe.

edit: Here’s the link http://www.wincom.net/trog/autocross_secrets6.html

That’s it. Same info Sam Strano was filling me in on.

im in the same boat… i dunno if i should get koni’s plus mopar high rate springs (1in lower, better spring rates) or just go with Ksport.

i personally cant use eibach springs with the koni’s because neons have such a small suspension travel as it is stock that if i use anything but mopar springs it will still wear out the struts over time

i just ordered tein basic coilovers. i was going to get the koni’s, but got a great deal on the teins i can’t wait to get them on…!!!

thanks for that link! Best suspension read I’ve done for a while. Hopefully going koni/ground control sleves/ground control camber plates in the next month or two.

I’m thinking of Koni Yellows with Eibach Sportlines but I’ll probably just go with Eibachs Sportlines on stock shocks. Hopefully all goes well.

Good choice, roads are too harsh in PA, the Tiens have some of the better reviews of ride quality compaired to everything else. Not that the Koni and a good spirng are bad, but with PA roads high spring rate = death

yeah, most of the people on the sentra forum are in arizona, so they have a lot better option on which to choose. i wanted the koni, but i got my my tein for $779.

I wish they were that cheap for my car, the basics start around 950, and the SS at like 1200. I bought Megans and im Happy, but like I said, PA roads are just shit. So it doesnt really matter, lowering your car = death