Help me decide on suspension

Ive been looking into a suspension for some time. when i first bought my teg i was like OH BIG RIMS AND LOWER IT. so i went out and bought…ebay dropzone coilovers… :cry: I KNOW, but now i wanna spend some real money and i was looking into Ground Control coilovers with 16way adjustable Koni yellows…Will i still see a HARD ASS and i mean HARD ASS ride with these or will the Konis help make it more soft. I guess im looking for a drop, soft ride yet still performance. This is almost my DD as i do have a 94 civic, SO with my 95 GSRTurbo my every other day car…what would be best. GC with Koni Yellows or just get lowering springs and shocks? thanks all

that sounds good, but if your looking for something in between i highly reccomend NEX coilovers. they run about $600 and they are the fully adjustable 1-peice setup where you can adjust the tightness of the spring and the ride hieght with the 2 included wrenches. very nice setup for the $ IMO

I got a suggestion:

Springs w/ a 1.5" drop, camber kits (fr & rr), engine torque damper and Tokico Illuminas all for $935 delivered.

Yellows and GC are prolyl one of the best setups IMO…if u can deal with the ride…

^why is it real ruff and hard?

spring rates are key to ride quality

:word:

And valving.

GCs are known to be a stiff spring…they arnt horrible many people use them everyday…i would have

so what spring rate should i go with if i want a stock feel but still performance? what is stock rate# any way

Alot of honda guys run Ground Control Coilovers with Koni Yellows or KYB AGXs. You’re going to have a hard time finding a squishy stock ride and a performance ride all in one. Even my Konis on the softest setting were still much stiffer than the stock suspension.

im not really into autoX so i guess im lookig for more of a stock ride then performace. but i do like weeving and taking corners. just not 24/7 or for compitition.

I have neuspeed sport springs on stock shocks and the the ride is very comfy and it’s only a little bit stiffer then stock. But since I autox, I will be upgrading, just don’t know when. Well, just get a ride in my car when you have time.

16-way koni’s …youll never use all those adjustments. i have 5-way tokico’s and i never change the adjustment

neuspeed sport spring FTW

good ride height and not retardedly stiff like the GC.
that and a set of AGX should get you the happy medium between looks, comfort, and performance.

when joe says his teg rode like stock, hes full of shit… it was stiffer than my civic on the H&R race setup. i loved getting in my friends car with the setup i just posted, it was a really nice ride.

what about tein flexs with edfc

Fuck tein, too expensive. Bottom line. Koni with GC setup is the shit. However, like zerodaze said, nuespeed sports and KYBs is not a bad choice for what you are looking for and they are uber-cheap. Longs Nuespeed setup was actually my old setup and honestly it was pretty damn good and definately not too stiff.

Actually, Tein is pretty affordable for Honda/Acuras, and only slightly more expensive than the Koni / GC setup…

Flex’s are great from a performance standpoint, but even on soft will be MUCH stiffer than what I think you are looking for. If you only want a slight bump in stiffness and a stock like ride, the neuspeeds sound like what you want.

yeah, but not with the EDFC.

Yea, EDFC adds some more to the cost…but how many people (even in this thread) said they never adjust their setup…

Yeah, I was actually strictly referring to the EDFC. I didn’t even know of any other tein setup besides that one. :lol: Anyway, Seeing as you won’t be racing, I almost don’t even see the point to getting a nice a setup like GC/Koni’s. I mean, that’s still around $800 for everything. I’m starting to lean towards the nuespeed sportlines with KYBs, which would be about half the cost of the koni setup. Remember too, if you go w/the koni setup you need to get the special sleeves with the GCs which are around and extra $100.