Suspension Combo Recommendations

what do you guys think is the best combination of springs and struts for looks and performance. please post you oppinoins and what you ahve your self on your cars. i think this could help anyone that is looking to upgrade there suspension soon. IE my self :slight_smile:

thanks

ok ill keep that in mind, thanks

how much did all that coast you with out labour? and do you have a pic of the car with the 1.3 inch drop?>

thanks, and also, were the swaybars really worth it, becsure i am looking at spending about 1500 on my suspension with out the labour, and i know i want the camber correction

I have the following suspension so far, and this would be close to your price range…

• Whiteline Adjustable Sway Bars ($600)
  • Eibach Sportlines ($300)
  • KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks ($650)
  • CP Racing Strut Tower Bars ($175)

So that is a total of slightly over $1500, but it works awesome. I have no camber correction parts and everything is fine like this, the front hardly gets any negative camber, and what there is on the rear doesnt present any tire wear problems… I would reccomend this setup because handling is great and the ride is not harsh at all even with the springs on full stiff…

i have a TEIN HA full kit and strut bar in the front and back and i think the car handles very good. i only lower it 1.75. which is a good height i happy with that. the kit came with camber kit as well i paid 2000 for it . fully customize with 25 settings on the shock for stiffens. john…

the swaybars were my first mod to my car and they are really worth it, they make the whole car feel alot more stable when cornering and even just general driving…

where did you get your sportlines for 300

special deal… although i could get you them for $350…

john you are only supposed to use the 16 stiffest settings on your TEIN HA, (to find stiffness, set all the way clockwise - stiffest, and click backwards) more than that can damage the shock.

Camber correction depends on where and how you drive the car… if you got camber correction and track raced the car everyweekend i would be willing to bet the outside woudl wear faster than the inside. Since andrew goes lapping often, his insides may wear a bit on the street, but once he hits the track everything levels back out.

You have to make a compromise. Idealy, a differnet alignment for each would be used, but thats like 300$ a weekend!

all prices in CND $$

tokico blues on all 4 - $640 (ALOT cheaper now)
front camber kit, HKS rear pillow mounts and sprint lowering springs -$280
PDM front strut tower brace - $50
OE rear sway bar - $60
Energy suspension poly-urethane bushings (coming in about a week) - $150

the ride is comfotable for the streets. I drove all winter on this set up, and even drove to montreal a couple weeks back. My back didn’t hurt at all after ariving in montreal, and usually it kills like a biatch when i took other rides there (most notably, my friends '90 acura teg, that ride sucked, and it was all OE).

And, I’ve also tracked this car, and had lots of fun in it with this set up, but I’ve never raced competitively.

Well I went and picked up my CP Racing front/rear bars a copule days
ago, and I have yet to experience it fully since I haven’t bolted it
to the firewall or rear floorpan (doing it today).

While there I discussed suspension with Chris (at CP Racing) and
where I wanted to go with the car. I basically said I wanted good handling
on the track, nothing slammed to the ground, and overall good handling
on the streets as well.

My plans for next spring were:

• KYB AGX shocks + Tein S-Tech springs
  • Whiteline front/rear swaybars
  • Whiteline TC rod/LCA bushings

I am looking at just around $2000 for this. However Chris suggested
I get something like Tokico Blue with Suspension Techniques springs
and that would cost me a little cheaper. He seems to run ST springs
and Tokicos on his cars, so I may take his words for it and go with those,
especially if it’s gonna save me a couple hundred $.

someone can buy my sportlines on kyb agx’s this winter, as i will be upgrading to full coilover suspension… they’ve been used since may of '03 and are in great condition still… i’ll post a price when the time comes…

i call em. we can arrange it so that we meet up and you can take the tires and ill grab the shocks and springs off you. let me know how much you want

What coilover set you gettin iQuaBob? And how much?

probally tein flex with edfc… i’ll see the price when the time comes… it will be around 3000+ with the control unit…

Interesting. I was talking to Chris (CP Racing) when I went to pick
up my CP bars, and we talked about suspension. Basically he told
me to stay away from coils if my car isn’t gonna be on the track too much,
and if my car’s mostly daily driven.

He just suggested I get good adjustable shocks (Tokico, Eibach)
with a set of progressive rate springs - he emphasized on the
Suspension Technique springs over something like Eibach Prokit or
Sportlines.

I’m takin his word for it, and hopefully I’ll turn to him for this if I can
get a good deal, and by then I’ll know what to get. :slight_smile:

yeah andrew, coils are a bit much, not just $$$, but are they really practical?

would your money not be better spent else where?

i mean is there going to be a $3000 difference in your suspension between then and now?

if you say yes i would like to hear a convincing argument.

there will definately be a noticeable upgrade, and the cool factor. but $3000

i’d wait and buy a set of used coils, better than Tein for a G instead.

Tein = rust. however i guess the new ones are not as prone as the old.

i do like the EDFC, but then again i have onyl played with my AGX’s like 10 times, so i dont think it is worth $600 to be able to to it from the cockpit…

i’m building a drift car… spring + shock are not stiff enough… i daily drive them on full stiff and it doesnt bother me one bit… plus i need pillow ball mounts with camber adjustment…

in this situation lets ask the key question again… what does koguchi use? hehe… problem solved.

okay, but bbbbboooooooooo tein if you’re going to spend the money.

pick up Zeal B6’s or JIC magic, something SSSIIICCCCKKK. get something no one has ever heard of before.

if you are going with tein we can chat with steve from jrp this weekend, unless you are using your secret hook-up.