240sx reliability...

^^…dont you mean that the other way around? … LOL

And yea, just like what Red_Line mentioned, don’t feel obligated to buy a newer model s-chassis just because of its age.

I bought mine for 1200$, and happen to be the 3rd owner (the guy I got it from, recieved it as a gift from his wife’s mom, so it’s been babied/oil sprayed all its life). For a 1989 model with 225,000km’s, there is virtually no rust.

Good luck with the search though.

Yeah, I got about 3k to spend on an S13, that seems about enough for a decent one. I’m not mechanically retarded either, so I guess that covers that.

All the rust and shit I know about, definetly not buying a rusty pos. In terms of a DD, I don’t really care about practicality because I only really need to drive myself, or maybe a friend sometimes, even though everyone has their own car pretty much. I have a QX4 I can use in the winter anyways.

Thanks for all the feedback though, expect another 240sx owner soon! :slight_smile:

3k = GREAT!!

honestly, you can grab a really good s13 with that money, look around bro!
even if it’s a clean 89-90, all it takes is a VLSD & a chuki bumper swap if your not a fan of the pignose to turn that into a 91-94:)

• NO HICAS!! so it’s more reliable, and fun to drive as well.

All the best nickg, let us know what you find!:wink:

yeah so nothing special rust is ok had a couple holes in frame nothing i couldn`t handle no body rust decent car in summer shit in winter

you sound like a guy that ask me once whether the harder u drive a car if the motor ports itself cause his car seemed faster than others of its same kind on the road when he raced them (it was a 95 cavalier)lol

WOW… you should have :slap: that dude…lol

LOL Cavalier owner ftl

I read somewhere where this guy wanted to port his head, so he bought some sandblasting sand, put it in the intake and revved his motor.

“It ran rough for a while then it died. Fuck this, I’m done with this car.”

Bought mine for $900 4 years ago with a “bad clutch”. Bled the clutch line, serviced the brakes and I was good to go when I got my licsence.

Over 2 years of DD’ing later (year round), and around 20,000km I’ve probably put… $300 tops into it (excluding mods and aesthetics). Its only really let me down once becuase of a busted clutch slave.

ive had a s13 before and just sold my s14 i found them both to be really reliable, went on long drives never had a problem never broke down on me, but they were alse very well maintained synthetic oil every 3000km, i baught my s13 with a blown motor and swapped a sr in it, i baught my s14 it had a ka never had problems with the motor i had a lower millage sr sitting in my garage so i swapped the sr into the s14 and never really had problems with it. if you maintain your car it should be perfect, but obviously make sure u get a car that is in good condition, because if the previous owner didnt take care of it u may run into problems sooner or later.

Just take care of it…

It all depends on the previous owner, how it was maintained, etc… When I got my first 240, it was so unreliable, it was a POS. Just make sure you clearly inspect it before buying one. Other than the obvious, I’d say that they are pretty reliable for what they are.

LMAO

Ill tell you that if you drive it like you stole it…its going to break down constantly.

Granny the car and it will treat you well.

Civics/accords take abuse way better than 240’s and are much more reliable imo

yo guys are starting to piss off my granny bigtime…i think he`s got the point by now this thread is getting mad redundant lol