$299.00 for the iPhone?

Not too shabby…I may just have to get one now.:sario:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/05/technology/apple_announcement/index.htm?cnn=yes

new versions coming out… everyone that has the old ones are trying to get rid of them

They are suppose to be available in sleeker and more compact models too. Smaller the better.

Ok only unless I can’t read this says $399 not $299…
In iPhone news, Jobs said Apple will discontinue one of the two models sold since late June. The remaining version, with 8 gigabytes of storage, will now sell for $399, or $200 less than before.

[quote=“Marcus,post:3,topic:34923"”]

They are suppose to be available in sleeker and more compact models too. Smaller the better.

[/quote]

They keyboard is already hard as hell to text on…a more compact one would mean a smaller screen and just make that worse. all touchscreen FTL

the 4gb is $299 till they sell out, than you are only getting the $399 8gb, 8gb>>>>>4gb

are they discontinuing the model because it got hacked and it can be used on all of the networks? Wow, thats shitty…

If I was a recent purchaser of an iPhone I would be pissed… Good news for those who are on the fence though.

[quote=“Clean Baldy,post:7,topic:34923"”]

are they discontinuing the model because it got hacked and it can be used on all of the networks? Wow, thats shitty…

[/quote]

I haven’t seen any mention of that anywhere…

[quote=“Joe,post:5,topic:34923"”]

They keyboard is already hard as hell to text on…a more compact one would mean a smaller screen and just make that worse. all touchscreen FTL

[/quote]

<3

Was in the Macstore today at the Galleria and 2 guys came in and bought like 8 of the 4gb models, each rang up to like 325.

[quote=“Joe,post:5,topic:34923"”]

[/quote]

+1, I’ll stick with my treo for now. I was playing with one and I didn’t like the KB at all. Smaller would be worse.

I agree that the keyboard on them sucks for anyone with normal sized fingers - staying with my xv6700.

[quote=“Clean Baldy,post:7,topic:34923"”]

[/quote]

there was a live firmware update that stomped that…

apparently that kid whom did the h4x0ring and traded the phone for a car is getting sued badly…

they lowered the price due to the new ipod coming out.

that kid that did the h4x0ring to the iphone is a freshman at my school, lolz.

post an article on him getting sued, please

[quote=“Vile,post:14,topic:34923"”]

there was a live firmware update that stomped that…

apparently that kid whom did the h4x0ring and traded the phone for a car is getting sued badly…

[/quote]

Proof? It was posted on CNN that there was no clause anywhere from Apple that he could be punished for hacking it.

i just want the new touch ipod. its an iphone without the phone.

The New price is $399 for the 8 gig, and is now for sale by phone, not just in the store.

Call 866-mobility to speak to a representative.

[quote=“mycarsux,post:16,topic:34923"”]

that kid that did the h4x0ring to the iphone is a freshman at my school, lolz.

post an article on him getting sued, please

[/quote]

ummm the kid was 17 and from New jersey.