302 or 306

should i go with a 306 or stay with my 302

302 is low mileage motor with a cam with .494/.503 lift at 112,double roller TC
306 is a 7000 mile motor with 9.5:1 forged pistons, main girdle,TFS1 cam,new timing cover,new TC, new oil pump, new hardend pump shaft and ARP studs

right now the motor is about 9.8:1 CR
the new motor with those pistons ill take my CR up to about 10.3:1 but he does have another set of pistons that are 10.1 now and that will take me up to 10.8:1

what you guys think, throw my heads back on the 302 and see how that motor runs or go with the 306 and make more power

just get it running before you go making more plans

well see what santa brings

i had to tear it down cause of a head gasket and its only a matter of minutes to swap blocks out fo the car

go 306 forged is good but do u know what kinda 7k miles are on there ?? my kinda 7k or chads 7k miles

7k of boosted miles and i would rather have 7k hard miles then 7k pamperd miles. motors are ment to be driven thru the entire powerband and not just cruised with.

mine gets its fair share. just cause i dont take it to the track dont mean it doesnt get driven hard

your was driven much more than georges ever has.

X INFINITY

Yea but the hoist is buried in the garageā€¦ so stick with what you got and buy the other motor as a backup or winter project.

yep only was able to put on 3k roughly in the time i had it.