327whp Out Of The Stock VQ35DE. World Record For Stock Block/Heads!

Well, although it’s not a 240 I’d like to update you guys on our VQ progress. The race car has just made 327whp with the addition of a GM 90mm DBW throttle body and a custom carbon plenum. Check the pics and video below:

VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/8948049

congrats man car sounds sick can`t wait to see this in action.

love it!!!

those vids are fucking sick amazing choice of songs, man roomates are gonna break my stero haha+1

Good stuff, crazy power hidden in the stock base engine lol, nice video!

flamez haha love it

me loves NA powa

Awesome…haha do you guys ever get noise complaints??..I’m sure the video doesn’t even do justice to what it really sounds like lol

i wish i had a cool job like this.

Dude, my ears blew up when we were filming this!!! fuck. It was worth it 100% haha!!

lol my ears blew up watching it!

Lol
I used to work at metal supermaketa which if I’m
correct is in the same plaza and behind us was gord who did muscle cars as for the cops they are never around barely anyone complains

Congrats SG!! I’ve gotta come out and watch a race or two this summer.

i can’t wait to see it with cams!

was the VQ throttle body originally cable operated?
what work was done to implement the gm drive by wire throttle body

Wow pretty fuckin impressive…good job man

with a modified plenum and larger TB. In a sense…that is not stock.

To each their own.

But YES! That car is stupid loud. Heard it 3 buildings down inside…almost clear as day.

Put nitrous. 150 shot easily.

it doesnt say stock, it says stock block and head

I failed to read that part…jumped right to the pics lol.

still…not stock :stuck_out_tongue:

Good shit none the less

Congrats! Sounds sick! How many hours went into the testing of this setup? If you don’t mind me asking.

I have over 40 hours into testing different plenums, spacers, porting upper plenums, porting throttle bodies, different tests, building the aluminum box, testing it, putting a stack on the top, testing it, installing the new one, all the dyno tuning etc.

That’s not counting the cost of materials or time spent thinking late at night of course haha!

Chris, regarding it being stock. If it was stock and it made 327whp, there would be quite a large problem, wouldn’t there? Hahahaha! The whole point of saying it’s stock head/block, is that anyone can do these modifications easilly, without needing access to a machine shop etc. Just slap in some cams, intake and exhaust and tune it and enjoy the strawberry jam.

I’m hoping to make it that easy for customers one day.